Yahoo News Errors on Page...

  • Start date Start date
Hi,
Thanks for the update on the CSS situation. And... my mistake... invalid.com
IS registered. The first WHOIS lookup didn't indicate that. :-o

According to whois.net no one has registered nomailatall.net (yet.)

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

microsoft.com said:
Here is the issue..

I am in Asia, and the domain which is hosting their CSS is unavailable to us
out here. As a result, the CSS fails and we get sloppy webpages.

interestingly enough, the dailynews.yahoo.com uses directory based
addressing for CSS, not full domain name addressing, and as a result
dailynews.yahoo.com works perfectly...

So the two seemingly identical websites operate differently... :)

So, the problem is the internet's and yahoo's. If they made all their CSS's
reside on the same server, if you got to their news site, you'd see
everything...

Clear?

No problem with MS XP.

DS

(now someone from invalid.com is going to complain too... :)
Don Varnau said:
Hi DS,
Someone pointed out to me that your "false" e-mail addresses are real
domain
names (goodbye.com and unknown.com) and you're exposing their addresses to
the spambots. But, we can be sure that this is not the first time those
names have been used. ;-) You might try invalid.com.

Regarding ordinary Javascript on webpages... that's handled by JScript and
other components of Windows Script (5.6) MS-VM or Sun Java JRE would be
needed for things like online games, chat, etc.

Back to the problem. I really like Robert's ideas regarding the UserAgent
information that's being sent out. Do you have *any* security/privacy
programs running on this machine that might be changing/blocking that
information? Zone Alarm or another firewall, WebWasher, pop-up blockers?

When you reinstalled XP, was it a "clean" reinstall? It might be worth a
try
to delete the Temporary Internet Files folder (
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm ) and delete all Yahoo cookies.

microsoft.com said:
News.yahoo.com
doesnt work

dailynews.yahoo.com
works...

What the ??????

"microsoft.com" <getoffmyemail[at]goodbye.com> wrote in message
Strange...

Reinstalled XP
Still a problem

Installed all updates
still a problem

Installed java from java.com
still a probelm

Installed ms virtual machine
still a problem

How can this work on 1 computer and not on another?

DS

What a fascinating end result.

Sandi's Site has changed - for instructions on how to
find old URLs, go here:
http://msmvps.com/spywaresucks/archive/2005/05/14/46971.aspx

Hyperlinks used to ensure advice is current
Sandi - Microsoft MVP since 1999
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org

Visit the Internet Explorer Community
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/default.mspx

microsoft.com said:
News.yahoo.com
doesnt work

dailynews.yahoo.com
works...

What the ??????

"microsoft.com" <getoffmyemail[at]goodbye.com> wrote in message
Strange...

Reinstalled XP
Still a problem

Installed all updates
still a problem

Installed java from java.com
still a probelm

Installed ms virtual machine
still a problem

How can this work on 1 computer and not on another?

DS

Back
Top