WHich way to go?

Install it yourself ! It is easy peasy and we will help out if you get stuck. Also you will then have your own copy of a genuine cd plus the knowledge of how to install and you will save money.
that Aria link was just to give you an idea of price. Shop around and you might get one cheaper elswhere on the net. Do not forget when pricing up that you have to pay postage so take that into your calculations, E-Buyer for instance offer free postage on orders over £50.

happywave.gif

Cool, will be interesting to hear how you get on.

With regards to getting a Vista Cd, Novatech may either get a bunch of stickers with the license key on and just use 1 or 2 dvds to install vista or each may be a OEM copy with the DVD, not sure as different retailers operate differently.

Ask em, i'mm sure they have enough floating about.

floppybootstomp said:
Now look, I'm one of Windows' biggest critics and I'm no Microsft fanboy but that article is almost two years old and was written when Vista was first released.

Since then Vista has come on a long way, SP1 has been released and it has support for all modern hardware.

I never thought I'd defend a MS OS but that article is irrelevant and supporters of the ageing XP OS are probably the only ones who will take comfort from it.

All reading that old article will do is plant doubt and fear into any potential Vista purchasers.

I'm still using XP on my media machine and video/audio machine, it suffices.

When it comes down to the nitty gritty, there is only one big disadvantage to Vista and it's this:

It is slightly slower on older systems than XP.

And that's it.

On newer systems, which it was designed for, it works well.

It's also stable as hell, most stable OS I've ever used.

Vista is not perfect, it's flawed, but XP is getting long in the tooth now, it's only three years younger than Win 98 when you think about it, time to consign it soon.

Yes I know:nod: its just that I came across this article... I use both Vista And XP :nod: But for crunching I use XP dont know why it just seems there are no glitches as with Vista thats all;)

Back