Some Advice Please ;)

i always thought they used peltiers, resistors is a new one though, maybe a nice coil of wire would do the job

and Quad your'e right the current a USB supplies is 0.5A and at 3.5V (i think its that for a USB port) its not gonna put out much heat so its pretty useless IMO

Last edited:
When Chris & Chris get married ... are we all invited?

:D

Adywebb said:
Mmmmmmm Chris Imrie-Postill - has a nice ring about it:D
Well ... cut out everybody else posts and read the banter ... I swear they are already married.

:D

Righty now folks,

Both PSU's are fine, existing and brand new which now i can't return... motherboard is screwed over and so is CPU, smoke coming from that general area, this time the ringmain didn't die, but even after the PSU cut the power, the smoke stopped, and the PSU light on the rocker switch at the back stayed lit showing that it's not fault of the PSU's.

Now is the time to go and cry, as this laptop sucks and i have no computer to design with, and i just ordered a new Ford... so i'm officially skint!

ChrisIMRIE said:
Now is the time to go and cry, as this laptop sucks and i have no computer to design with, and i just ordered a new Ford... so i'm officially skint!

Surely you can get your new husband Chris to buy you the bits for Xmas?
077.gif

In all seriousness - sorry to hear that dude, hope you can get it up an runnin soon..:(

That warm cuppa coffee did not come cheap - really sad :(

I suggest you put a wanted ad for a second hand mobo here at PC Review, some kind soul in UK would consider to give it to you at a very reasonable price.

I do need Postill's help to test my AGP Graphics Card & RAM like ASAP!

I'll ask him to pop round and pick them up tomorrow AM to make sure they all work, if they do then i'll go ahead and purchase an Abit KV8 & AMD Sempron 64Bit 2800+

And then i'll just use my existing equipment...

Back