I found what I think is the best package available

wildone

King of Modding
Reaction score
The board is is made by Chaintec and comes with everything you can think of and at 112.00 american it can't be beat for the package anyway.I ordered the board and plan on reviewing it on my site by next weekend.The first flaw that I have seen so far is it looks like the caps around the socket are a bit close.The board is beautiful IMHO though and I cannot wait to get my hands on it.
This is what my friend/partner posted about it ,also with links where we heard about it.
QUOTE:

Well for those of you who know N2... you know it takes alot to excite him. <br>The day he sees MoBo MFR's making stuff <i>This Amazing and what i mean is, the "complete package"The latest Chaintech APOGEE 7VJL based on VIA KT333/VT8235 chipset<br>comes packed with stuff like rounded cables, CDs, BodyTheater, Front Panel etc. Chaintech has included many overclocking features into this board too.<br>What was once a company with a horrid reputation, is now becoming (rapidly) a major player!
<center>
7VJL-Package1.jpg

" Arguably the hottest MoBo "Package" on the market today...<br> it's a definite reason to rejoice!N2 hopes this is a start to a trend!

To find out what N2's on about, http://www.vr-zone.com/cgi-bin/vb/showthread.php?threadid=4517

Added By Wildone:
anyone interested in getting this board go
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&catalog=22&manufactory=1487&DEPA=1

Definitely a step in the right direction, looks like a manufacturer has done their homework into what would appeal to the home builder instead of the OEM brigade. It will be interesting to see how it performs.

Damn shame about the cramped space around the CPU socket, doesn't look as if you'll get an Alpha 8045 or a Swiftie on there, does it?

And that socket colour :eek: what is that? Puke yellow? :D Still, it's unusual, for sure.

I look forward to seeing some performance reviews.

I think if I can get my volcano on the socket ,almost anything will fit ;)

wildone

Originally posted by wildone
I think if I can get my volcano on the socket ,almost anything will fit ;)

wildone

Really? Looks is deceiving eh? Well, that's good news, this is looking like one tasty board.

I just bought a Volcano 7, not the + version, the cheaper one, using it on an Athlon 1.2 and it's doing a good job.

Just thought I'd say that :D

Originally posted by floppybootstomp

Really? Looks is deceiving eh? Well, that's good news, this is looking like one tasty board.

I just bought a Volcano 7, not the + version, the cheaper one, using it on an Athlon 1.2 and it's doing a good job.

Just thought I'd say that :D

No I didnt mean I have tried it yet ,what I am saying is if when I get the board ,if my normal volcano will fit ,then anything should:D

wildone

well... this is pretty good news then I guess.... I was talking to Chaintech last week about a review sample of this exact same board - it does look VERY good! So, in the not so near future we may be seeing a review!

Originally posted by Ian Cunningham
well... this is pretty good news then I guess.... I was talking to Chaintech last week about a review sample of this exact same board - it does look VERY good! So, in the not so near future we may be seeing a review!

My boards in the mail,I couldnt wait,but I think you will agree with what I have said about the caps around the cpu socket ,if its performance is at least on par with all the other 333 boards they have an awesome package for sure ,I have never seen a board come with rounded cables.

wildone

You'll have to tell me what the "body theatre" is like, as well as the onboard sound card :) I dont understand what the "body theater" is? Just some advanced headphones?

You may not like this ....

No booting while setting 100/133/166 Jumpers:

The biggest complaint is the need to adjust 100/133/166 mode jumpers. The default FSB is set to 100MHz. One needs to change that to 133 MHz in order to use FSB higher than 133 MHz. Once in 133MHz mode, the FSB can be adjusted from 133 to 250MHz. This brings back the bad memory of KT-133A chipset, as one can see here.

The board refuses to boot when set to 166MHz, no matter how much I lower the CPU multiplier. I guess the board is trying to boot at 166 MHz with default multiplier, 10.5X. I also tried an unlocked Duron 1GHz, again the board refuses to boot when 133 or 166MHz is selected. This is the same problem as we encountered back in KT-133A age, as pointed out before.

I have a feeling that PCI and AGP dividers are controlled by the 100/133/166 jumpers. If we could not get 166MHz jumper to work, then we might not have 1/5 PCI divider. (This is my personal theory though)

http://www.overclockers.co.nz/ocnz/mobo/7vjlapogee/f1.shtml

... however, I'm sure our resident OC'er will find all the answers. :D

lol, I just posted the same thing over at your site this instant ;)

I'm going to e-mail the guy and see if he disabled onboard sound, as the onboard C-Media chip would take a few extra CPU cycles and would show results similar to what he has benchmarked!

lol, I just posted the same thing over at your site this instant ;)

I'm going to e-mail the guy and see if he disabled onboard sound, as the onboard C-Media chip would take a few extra CPU cycles and would show results similar to what he has benchmarked!

LOL thats cool , well you wouldnt think that it could be to big of a difference but get this ,in benchmarks on the cpu only there isnt to big a diff in the reg athlon and the XP,but in 3dmark 2k2 there is a 400 point diff in the end scores , granted SSE has alot to do with this ,but anyone who has played enough with 3d mark will know 400 points dont come easy when your maxing out everything.

wildone

Have you managed to have a play with it yet? I can't wait to see what its potential is :D

Have you managed to have a play with it yet? I can't wait to see what its potential is :D

*Sighs* well it looks like its gonna be tommorow before I get it,but when I do get it you can bet that I am gonna play with it ;)

wildone

well I got the board and here is what makes me wander about the first review,he says he tested at 166FSB on the memory ,yet ,I beat him myself and me at 133 fsb on the memory.

and here is his part ,note he flipped the int/fpu benches

sandra2002.jpg

memoryapogee.jpg

[sarcasm on] Ah yes, but can you do any real work? [/sarcasm off]

:D

The Ram I ordered seems to have gotton lost order and all ,hopefully I will figure it out today,then the real testing can get under way ;)

wildone

Back