Hypno

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever tried hynopsis for any problems or issues they may have had ??
The reason i ask is that i'm going to try it on wednesday to see if i can beat the ould smokes.
The people involved reckon 3 visits and i'm sorted...first being the intro, the second is where its all at and the third is the clincher or the reinforcer. Has anyone out there packed up smoking ??

Its only money but i wonder about the ould noggin...:confused:

Any comments??

Zzzzz

Ps. If my sig (Zzzzz) is anything to go by i'm halfway there
laughingsmiley.gif

I went to my local NHS Stop Smoking Service, it's free. ;)

I choose an inhalator ... looks like a plastic cigarette.

The inhalator releases nicotine vapour which gets absorbed through your mouth and throat. Great if you miss the 'hand to mouth' aspect of smoking.

I didn't like the bloody awful taste, gave that up within a week also.

That was a year ago last April. :cool:

:user:

I gave up smoking 12 years ago now, didn't need any hypno or chewing gums or anything else for that matter, Just needed the right reasons and a hell of a lot of willpower..

But hey if that works for you then go for it..:nod:

Just remember though all the hypnotherapy in the world won't cure you of smoking, if you don't want to!

Good luck....Look into my eyes not around the eyes but into the eyes..:D

Guy I know, he gave up smoking after hypnosis in December 2006, worked a treat.

He's a singer and he says his voice is a lot stronger now.

Here he is

I gave up the day before the surgery, April '06.

No aids, just fright.

The succes, or otherwise, of hypnosis depends on how hypnotizable you are.

Everyone is different and some can be hypnotized into almost anything whereas others cannot be hypnotized at all. Stage hypnotists are very good at picking out the easily hypnotized and rejecting the others (it's a very simple procedure).

Sometimes hypnosis works very well for smoking but sometimes not. Remember, smoking is not just a simple habit but is an ADDICTION and therefore much more difficult to overcome.

Neurolinguistic Programming, or NLP, is sometimes more effective and is often used by hypnotherapists.

Let's know how you get on. :thumb:

Champix tablets worked for me and several members of the family. They do need to be subscribed after a check up from the doc as they are not suitable for everyone.

happywave.gif

Hi Cap'n. A doctor recommended that I should try hypnosis at the end of last year, for treating migraine headaches. Severe ones, which I'm not able to take meds to treat.

They were charging an arm and a leg around here, so thinking he would tut and huff about it, I asked whether certain self-hypnosis CDs would be any good instead (they are by a clinical hypnotist.) Surprisingly, the doctor agreed.

I was very sceptical, but prepared to give it a go. However, I can tell you very truthfully, that the frequency and intensity of my migraine has greatly reduced. I have had only three this year, compared to about four or five per month last year (each of which lasted about three days.) They are absolutely great - the CDs not the migraine! ;)

If you want to check out his website, it is here: http://www.glennharrold.com/ his CDs can be ordered directly, or from places such as Amazon UK, under £8 each! It has been the best money I have ever spent. He has a title called "Stop Smoking Forever" which comes either as a CD or MP3 download.

Whatever you decide, good luck Zed :thumb:
:D

I've been off the ciggies now for 12 years.
But have gone back on NRT a few times.
Currently trying to wean myself of the NRT gum & just chew normal gum instead.
Everyone has a different way of getting off ciggies.
Good luck in what ever way you decide & if you want support, just ask!

If its something you really want to do, just pput your mind to it, and you won't need help. I stopped 10 or so years ago, and have never looked back. I looked at how much money I was throwing down the toilet and what it was doing to my health and those around me.
Anyway good luck, if ya wanna do it you will...:thumb:

Taffy's idea sounds good and could just save you a few quid..Worth a mull over..;)

Thanks folks, for all your kind comments.

My appointment is wednesday @ 5pm and will cost me Eu150 for the visit.
I will report back and let ya's know whether i take the single "Aversion Therapy" version or the 3 visits where i will stop on the 2nd visit(next tuesday). I'm still undecided as to which and i cant believe how anxious i'm getting already.
I'm smoking about 75 quid a week and climbing at the moment.
Zzzzz

captain zed said:
I'm smoking about 75 quid a week and climbing at the moment.

Wow ! You really need to get off them if you're smoking that much. :eek:

Well folks,

I made it to and from the hypnotherapists studio after my first session, and didnt smoke for 4hours.
I have to go back next tuesday for the session which is supposed to stop me smoking for good.

I have been in a kind of conflicted state because i know theyre no good for me but part of me loves the nicotine and whatever else is in the actual fags. Until next tuesday i'm supposed to listen to 2 cd's which will condition me(we'll see) for the session.

The first session lasted 1 hour and 35 minutes and i have to say it was the most relaxing time i have had in a long time, after i dropped the apprehension and became comfortable in the surroundings.
I dont know if i'm imagining it or not but i think something inside me has changed.

Im still Zed though.

Zzzzz

You know ... you could have NOT smoked in the first place! :D

Then again, what do i know? :)

captain zed said:
Well folks,

I made it to and from the hypnotherapists studio after my first session, and didnt smoke for 4hours.
I have to go back next tuesday for the session which is supposed to stop me smoking for good.

I have been in a kind of conflicted state because i know theyre no good for me but part of me loves the nicotine and whatever else is in the actual fags. Until next tuesday i'm supposed to listen to 2 cd's which will condition me(we'll see) for the session.

The first session lasted 1 hour and 35 minutes and i have to say it was the most relaxing time i have had in a long time, after i dropped the apprehension and became comfortable in the surroundings.
I dont know if i'm imagining it or not but i think something inside me has changed.

Im still Zed though.

Zzzzz

Well done Zed :thumb: You have made a good start. Maybe putting some cash aside (the equivalent of what you would have smoked in that 4 hours) would also be an incentive. As you use less and less ciggies, watch as the piggy-bank fattens.

I'm fortunate and remained a non-smoker, but most of the people in my family smoked, so I know it can be tough to quit. But even for hypnosis to work, you have to genuinely want to achieve your ultimate goal, because it cannot make you do something which goes against your own will.

I experienced the same feeling of deep relaxation and I too, felt like a changed person, i.e., calmer, less anxious, more confident, etc. Those migraines I mentioned had really been screwing me up :nod:

You can do it Zed. Persevere - and use the CDs he gave you, they really will help. :)

Take care and good luck. :wave:

At £75 a week for yer fillthy fags they are costing you calulated on a 24/7 cycle,

£0.446428571429 per hour so in four hours you have saved,

£1.78571428572

However I guess you don't smoke whilst asleep or in the shower or whilst eating or looking after other needs ;)
So a revised figure based on a conservative 16/7 cycle would be,

£0.669642857143 per hour so in four hours you have saved,

£2.67857142857

Now if you only stopped smoking for 4 hours per day in one year you would have saved,

£977.678571429

Or in real terms enough to but a supper pc or a decent holiday.

Stop for 8 hours a day and you would save,

£1,955.35714286

Stop for 16 hours a day and you would save,

£3,910.71428571

That would almost be enough to emigrate to good old blighty. :D Now thats worth the effort don't you think
laughingsmiley.gif

Abarbarian said:
That would almost be enough to emigrate to good old blighty. :D Now thats worth the effort don't you think
laughingsmiley.gif

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

I'm sure you meant "return" to old blighty now, didn't you, AB
laughingsmiley.gif

Taffy...just to let you know....therapist's a woman, very nice too.
Also, i got a migraine aura 10 minutes after i left the session. I dont think it was linked though.
It didnt develop into a full blowner....just the aura was really strong and dazzling for a bit....i get a couple a year but not every year, if ya get me meaning.
Anyway, none today so yaaay.
nod.gif

Zzzzz

Another way to look at it is

£75 per week x 52 weeks = £3900 per year

If you live another 40 years then it's £3900 x 40 = £156,000 :eek:

That's a serious amount of money, surely better spent on almost anything else. :thumb:

Anyway, if you smoke £75 a week then you probably won't live another 40 years. :o

nivrip said:
Anyway, if you smoke £75 a week then you probably won't live another 40 years. :o

Don't i know it, Niv..don't i know it.

Its not a good place to be...hence the visit to the hypnotist...
I also want a BMW or a Merc and i'm sure my ciggie money would almost pay for it...and some.

Zzzzz

Back