Full Screen

  • Start date Start date

RScotti

I would like Ecplorer to open up secondary screens in full size.
I did expand them and closed them by using the File/Close instead of the X but they still
open up in normal view. What else can I do on this?
Any help would be appreciated.

Have a good day!
Rich Scotti

Sorry, Was not accurate I hit Control/Close when I closed Internet Explorer.

I would like Explorer to open up secondary screens in full size.
I did expand them and closed them by using the File/Close instead of the X but they still
open up in normal view. What else can I do on this?
Any help would be appreciated.

Have a good day!
Rich Scotti

Have a good day!
Rich Scotti

Hi,
To get full-sized (but not maximized) windows...
Open a webpage. Stretch it out to fullsize. Don't use maximize.
Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new window.
Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.
Close the first IE window. Then close that second resized window.

To always get a true maximized window...
AutoSizer 1.4- http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
IE New Window Maximizer http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm

Additional information at:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/ietips.htm >>> Opening
Internet Explorer Full Size
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm >>> Tip #6
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/30.html

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

I did as you said I closed them with Control/Close but went I went back they were still
small.
I installed AutoSizer but the second windows were still small in Internet Explorer.
Should I try the jiisoft.com site and if I do should I uninstall AutoSizer?

RScotti said:
I would like Ecplorer to open up secondary screens in full size.
I did expand them and closed them by using the File/Close instead of the X but they still
open up in normal view. What else can I do on this?
Any help would be appreciated.

Have a good day!
Rich Scotti

Have a good day!
Rich Scotti

Hi,
The important step is to close the IE windows in order- first (parent)
window then second (child) window. Did you close them in that order?

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

RScotti said:
I did as you said I closed them with Control/Close but went I went back they were still
small.
I installed AutoSizer but the second windows were still small in Internet Explorer.
Should I try the jiisoft.com site and if I do should I uninstall AutoSizer?

I did as I thought you said I closed the first (original) window I opened than the second
(resized).
Was I wrong?
\

"RScotti" <rscotti1[at]verizon.net> wrote in message
I would like Ecplorer to open up secondary screens in full size.
I did expand them and closed them by using the File/Close instead of the X
but they still
open up in normal view. What else can I do on this?
Any help would be appreciated.

Have a good day!
Rich Scotti

Have a good day!
Rich Scotti

I just did it again and I think it is now working. At least it did on the one link I knew
was there?

RScotti said:
[...]

If AutoSizer didn't work for you, feel free to uninstall it.

If resizing and closing in order doesn't continue to work, you could try the
REG file or delete the registry key mentioned at

RScotti said:
[...]

Thanks for the information on your site.

RScotti said:
[...]

The parameter for opening the explorer in full screen (kiosk) mode is "k".
Perhaps you can try this in your program / script.

Cheers
Ralf

RScotti said:
[...]

How and where do I do that?

RScotti said:
[...]

Hi Scotti!

I hope I understood well what you like to do. If you start the Explorer with
CreateProcess it works like this:

CreateProcess ( "c:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\IExplore.exe", " -K
Page.html", "c:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer", TRUE, FALSE );

I read this thread again and have the impression that you like to open all
Explorer in theatre mode. I got a tip from Rob as follows:

Its the 16 byte in the Theatre array that you change to 00.
The default value for this byte is 1f.
1. Start IE in normal mode. Press F11 to change it to Theatre Mode.
2. Close IE by pressing the "X" button (top right)
3. Open Regedit and go to the "Theatre" value under the Toolbar key and
change the 16th byte to 00. (CurrentUser\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Toolbar)
4. Now when you start IE , even without the -k parameter it should open with
full screen and no toolbars.

If you like to maximize it by another program like the ones proposed I think
they work something like this: (than you wouldn't surch for the title of the
page but for its existence or something else.)

CoInitialize(NULL);

SHDocVw::IShellWindowsPtr m_spSHWinds.CreateInstance ( __uuidof (
SHDocVw::ShellWindows ) );

long nCount = m_spSHWinds->GetCount();

IDispatchPtr spDisp;
for ( long i = 0; i < nCount; i++ )
{
_variant_t va ( i, VT_I4 );
spDisp = m_spSHWinds->Item ( va );

SHDocVw::IWebBrowser2Ptr spBrowser ( spDisp );
if ( spBrowser == NULL )
continue;

BOOL bFound = FALSE;

IDispatchPtr pDisp;
HRESULT hr = spBrowser->get_Document ( &pDisp );
if ( SUCCEEDED ( hr ) )
{
IHTMLDocument2Ptr pHtmlPage ( pDisp );
if ( pHtmlPage )
{
CComBSTR bstrTitle, bstrPageTitle ( _T("Page Title" ) );
pHtmlPage->get_title ( &bstrTitle );
if ( bstrTitle == bstrPageTitle )
{
bFoundTouch = TRUE;
spBrowser->put_FullScreen ( true );
return;
}
}
}
}
CoUninitialize();

I guess the Registry tip of Rob is the best for you.

Have fun

Ralf

On Sat, 29 July 2006 05:58:18 -0500, "Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote:

[...]

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for your help but this is way beyond me.
I guess I have to just keep expanding the windows.

:

[...]

Open only one Explorer, press F11, close it with the x-Button.
All Explorers will open in kiosk/theatre mode from than on.

Hope this is better.

Ralf

:

[...]

That is MUCH BETTER thank you very much!
I really appreciate you time helping me with this.

Does this also apply on the second screens that open up when you are on a site?

:

[...]

Yes - the Explorer stores the last state in the registry. So if you open
only one Exporer, put it into some state and close it - this state is the
default state for all others. If the little toolbar with the close button (x)
stays - press the right mouse button and select "Auto hide". Than its gone :o)

Have fun

Ralf

:

[...]

I don't remember this and don't think I ever saw it. Is it there when you close the original window
of IE?

If the little toolbar with the close button (x)
stays - press the right mouse button and select "Auto hide". Than its gone :o)

Have a good day!
Rich Scotti

Hi Scotti!

If you press F11 it is possible that one toolbar stays: the one with the
minimize, maximize, restore and close buttons. This can be hidden with the
ritght mouse button and selection of "auto hide". If it doesn't show up on
your screen it is allready selected. Thats good :o)

Cheers

Ralf

I hope this is not a stupid question? But why can't I just hit close?
Hi Scotti!

If you press F11 it is possible that one toolbar stays: the one with the
minimize, maximize, restore and close buttons. This can be hidden with the
ritght mouse button and selection of "auto hide". If it doesn't show up on
your screen it is allready selected. Thats good :o)

Cheers

Ralf

Have a good day!
Rich Scotti

Hi Scotti!
You can do that - but if the toolbar stays the next Explorer you open will
show it again.

If you want to see "real Fullscreen" you can hide the toolbar (autohide) and
close the Explorer. Than the next Explorer you open will come up in real
Fullscreen.

(I told you about it because I wondered why this toolbar still was visible
inspide of me pressing the F11 key. If yours is already in autohide mode
everything is OK :o)

Cheers

Ralf

Back