Add Gaim to pricelessware

  • Start date Start date
Too late!!!

The programs listed are those which were voted the best _in an
annual vote_.

There really should be a regular FAQ posted to this group. I have
been lurking for months, posting now and then when people ask a
question where i know a tool.
And I still have no idea how/when the vote happens.

Iphigenie said:
There really should be a regular FAQ posted to this group. I have
been lurking for months, posting now and then when people ask a
question where i know a tool.
And I still have no idea how/when the vote happens.
Ditto and I've been visiting most of this year I think.

Ditto and I've been visiting most of this year I think.
You're unlikely to. Its supposed to be a vote by all members of a.c.f
but in fact is only a vote taken from a little clique. You'll figure
out who they are. Just look for the thread with the playschool catfight
going on.

You're unlikely to. Its supposed to be a vote by all members of a.c.f
but in fact is only a vote taken from a little clique. You'll figure
out who they are. Just look for the thread with the playschool catfight
going on.

That's not entirely a fair paragraph.

The vote is done annually towards years end. You will see a
great many threads concerning voting on programs in various
categories. There will be threads asking for volunteers to
assist in counting and recounting category votes. In short,
it will be impossible to come here and miss it. It is a
pretty big deal. Is there a hard schedule to post? Not that
I know of. There is a general time period, years end. It is
done by volunteers, so it's pretty much whenever the ball
starts rolling.

The vote is for all ACF members who care to participate.
Those who choose not to participate are free to make that
decision of course.

Now is the time to be looking at your personal selection of
freewares and selecting the best. If you really want to
actively participate try other similar programs and again
select he best. When the time comes you can nominate a
program, or simply vote for it. There might be discussion
votes in which you can cite your experiences with the
programs and why you prefer X over Y and Z.

The vote is for all ACF members who care to participate.
Those who choose not to participate are free to make that
decision of course.
I've been participating for about a year but I'm not sure if I'm a
Member? Do we have to sign up somewhere?

JoeA said:
I've been participating for about a year but I'm not sure if I'm a
Member? Do we have to sign up somewhere?

No. (acf participant = acf member) *Anyone* who is interested can
participate in the Pricelessware selection process - nominations,
voting, discussion etc. etc. etc.

Susan

I've been participating for about a year but I'm not sure if I'm a
Member? Do we have to sign up somewhere?

Bad choice of words... no, if you're reading the group
you're in! Sorry.

Wow...I'm a member. Is there anywhere I can order official ACF T-Shirts
or baseball caps? Ok, I'm just kidding.

JoeA said:
Wow...I'm a member. Is there anywhere I can order official ACF T-Shirts
or baseball caps? Ok, I'm just kidding.
JoeA Official Member ACF since 2003

We had a discussion about that not too tooooooo long ago - I believe the
consensus was that official ACF clothing had to be FreeWear. . . ;)

Susan

Conor said:
You're unlikely to. Its supposed to be a vote by all members of a.c.f
but in fact is only a vote taken from a little clique. You'll figure
out who they are. Just look for the thread with the playschool
catfight going on.

That is a completely false statement. Any and all who read this group
are welcome to nominate, discuss and vote for the next Pricelessware
list.

Dan Goodman said:
Too late!!!

The programs listed are those which were voted the best _in an annual
vote_.

The website says "Any suggestions and/or comments should be posted on the
alt.comp.freeware newsgroup for discussion.", so perhaps "suggestions"
should be changed to "nominations"...

- Chris Wood http://grace.2ya.com/

* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <[email protected]>
* Newsgroup: alt.comp.freeware
* Reply to: All; "Ben Cooper" <[email protected]>
* Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 17:57:33 -0700
* Subj: Re: Add Gaim to pricelessware

FL>> You're unlikely to. Its supposed to be a vote by all members of
FL>> a.c.f but in fact is only a vote taken from a little clique.
FL>> You'll figure out who they are. Just look for the thread with
FL>> the playschool catfight going on.

BC> That is a completely false statement. Any and all who read this
BC> group are welcome to nominate, discuss and vote for the next
BC> Pricelessware list.

...but the final tally won't be made until (or as soon as) the wishes
of the clique are ahead in the voting. ;)

BC> That is a completely false statement. Any and all who read this
BC> group are welcome to nominate, discuss and vote for the next
BC> Pricelessware list.

...but the final tally won't be made until (or as soon as) the wishes
of the clique are ahead in the voting. ;)

As it's all done in the group, Jack, I'm sure you'll be able to
collate the evidence very easily to back up your assertion, won't you?

Oh, and who are the clique? Don't be coy. Name names. I'm sure we
all want to know who it is you're sniping at in your feeble way. In
case you're going to hide behind the winky smiley, you can have one
from me. The semi-colon and right bracket doesn't alter deliberate
unpleasantness whether it's from you or from me ;)

The website says "Any suggestions and/or comments should be posted
on the alt.comp.freeware newsgroup for discussion.", so perhaps
"suggestions" should be changed to "nominations"...

Nominations should be posted to a.c.f, but not yet. There's a
nomination period of a couple of weeks in the fall.

Back
Top