XP SP2 Imminent Meltdown

Kammbo

I have XP Home Operating System.I have downloded SP2.I have noticed that when my computer went into hibernation( whilst I was printing a long piece of graphics)the screen
went bright green and the words 'imminent meltdown' appeared and then moved off the screen to the left.I'm slightly worried with this can anyone out there who can help. Is it something to do with 'manual port allocation' and how do I go about rectifying this before my system melts? I was running Anti Virus AVG on my system before the SP2 was downloaded. I don't know whether this makes a difference.

Many thanks

Scott M.

This isn't an SP2 issue, you have a virus.

I have XP Home Operating System.I have downloded SP2.I have noticed that
when my computer went into hibernation( whilst I was printing a long piece
of graphics)the screen
went bright green and the words 'imminent meltdown' appeared and then moved
off the screen to the left.I'm slightly worried with this can anyone out
there who can help. Is it something to do with 'manual port allocation' and
how do I go about rectifying this before my system melts? I was running Anti
Virus AVG on my system before the SP2 was downloaded. I don't know whether
this makes a difference.

Many thanks

Len Segal

This sounds like you have a virus.

Run one or more Free online AV scanners to see if anything shows up
(fix them if you do get any indications of virus):
Panda ActiveScan
Trend Micro
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp (this will require
you to install some software so they can scan your machine for viruses)
Symantec
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/vc_scan.asp? (this also requires that you
install some software to scan your machine)

Also, please refrain from posting the same message 4 times within 20
minutes! This is not helpful and won't lead to getting quicker responses.
Newsgroups are not "911", you don't get instant responses (all of us are
volunteers here). If you need to get responses instantly, you'll need to use
your telephone to call tech supt.

Len Segal, MCP
Microsoft - MVP
My reply address is intentionally wrong to reduce SPAM Email.
NOTE: We do not respond to unsolicited Email support questions,
please post questions in newsgroup.