.wmv video files

  • Start date Start date

Steve Kimball

I have long(13 hr) security videos which I would like to
edit. Although they play in windows media player there is
no fast forward or time selection possible. I've tried
the files in 5-10 movie editors and at best the situation
is the same and in many cases the programs would not
accept the files at all. KB notes say that problems could
be from lack of "indexing." Does anyone know how to check
to see if the files are indexed?
I was fortunate enough to stumble on a ULEAD program
which said the file was not useable but if I wanted it to
the program would preform a "preprocess" to correct the
problem. It did. What did the program do in a few minutes
that repaired a 13 hour video? Is there some other way to
do the same job?

Thanks for your help. The file editor does not run
properly but it leaves a usable file and that solves my
problem. Thanks again.