WinXP ~SP2 No display drivers, computer hass loaded.

  • Start date Start date

Hello, I had just installed SP 2 on my Windows XP SP1 machine, a Toshiba
Satallite Laptop.

After installation, it had created more monitors than the default. In order
to disable the extra monitors, I deleted the drivers in the display
properties, and set it to it's regular factory defaults. Then, I told the
driver to 'stop, where there were both a 'start' and 'stop' button available.

It told me to restart, I did, and after the loading screen, the laptop
monitor discontinued to display anything, but the computer did load. I know
this because I was able to perform functions that would load, and perform a
shut down.

It would load, and run, but not display through my laptop monitor, or
external monitor .

Is there a way I can, if on a network and assigning the computer an ip,
perform remote assistance, or Anything, really, to help reset the display
properties, or at least display properly.

Thank you for reading, and please reply promptly any information to my email:

(e-mail address removed)

~Tim s

Have you tried last known good or safe mode?
If those do not work you may try connecting via RDP if this is enabled I
don't believe that remote assistance will work since the default is to
prompt user to accept the remote assistance.

Best Regards,
Rob Hoffman, MCSE
Microsoft Enterprise Support Engineer

from your issue.

| From: =?Utf-8?B?dHR0bW1tc3Nz?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: WinXP ~SP2 No display drivers, computer hass loaded.
| Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:38:02 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
|
| Hello, I had just installed SP 2 on my Windows XP SP1 machine, a Toshiba
| Satallite Laptop.
|
| After installation, it had created more monitors than the default. In
order
| to disable the extra monitors, I deleted the drivers in the display
| properties, and set it to it's regular factory defaults. Then, I told
the
| driver to 'stop, where there were both a 'start' and 'stop' button
available.

| It told me to restart, I did, and after the loading screen, the laptop
| monitor discontinued to display anything, but the computer did load. I
know
| this because I was able to perform functions that would load, and perform
| shut down.
|
| It would load, and run, but not display through my laptop monitor, or
| external monitor .
|

| Is there a way I can, if on a network and assigning the computer an ip,
| perform remote assistance, or Anything, really, to help reset the display
| properties, or at least display properly.
|

| Thank you for reading, and please reply promptly any information to my
email:

| (e-mail address removed)
|
| ~Tim s

Back