Windows XP Professional Logon Problem

G

Hi

On one of our laptops we receive below error message when logging-on to our Windows domain. The error message displays for about 15 seconds and then logs-in to Windows

"Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system

DETAIL - Not enough storage is available to process this command

The error message's Source = Userenv and Event ID = 1505. The OS is Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1

I've checked the free space available on laptop which is of the order of several Gigabytes. When we log-in to domain using same username and password from another Windows XP Professional based computer this error message does not appear. This shows that problem scope lies with the laptop

I'll appreciate if you can provide me information today to rectify this problem

Best Regards

Salman

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Disk Quota Default Setting Prevents Logon Request
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288750&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Hi,
|
| On one of our laptops we receive below error message when logging-on to our Windows domain. The error
message displays for about 15 seconds and then logs-in to Windows.
|
| "Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system.
|
| DETAIL - Not enough storage is available to process this command"
|
| The error message's Source = Userenv and Event ID = 1505. The OS is Windows XP Professional with Service
Pack 1.
|
| I've checked the free space available on laptop which is of the order of several Gigabytes. When we log-in
to domain using same username and password from another Windows XP Professional based computer this error
message does not appear. This shows that problem scope lies with the laptop.
|
| I'll appreciate if you can provide me information today to rectify this problem.
|
| Best Regards,
|
| Salman

Ask a Question