windows update

  • Start date Start date

helo - first time here - not accustomed to - procedure - but anyway: while trying to download wind update - I get the usual screen which is immediately replaced by an announcement - You must have administrator r
ghts etc. How do i proceed from that point -- thanks in advance - daniel

Hi,
Try the troubleshooter at
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

Or, this article may help: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316524

Or, since you're using the web interface to access the newsgroups, go to
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx and (left side) click
on Windows, then Windows Update. You may get better help from the update
newsgroup.

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"rotenberg daniel" wrote in message
helo - first time here - not accustomed to - procedure - but anyway:
while trying to download wind update - I get the usual screen which is
immediately replaced by an announcement - You must have administrator ri
ghts etc. How do i proceed from that point -- thanks in advance -
daniel

That happens to me when I do not have active x allowed.

--

Jeff McPherson
Email address deliberately false to avoid spam

rotenberg daniel said:
helo - first time here - not accustomed to - procedure - but anyway:
while trying to download wind update - I get the usual screen which is
immediately replaced by an announcement - You must have administrator ri
ghts etc. How do i proceed from that point -- thanks in advance -
daniel

Back
Top