Windows Update and IE 6 32-bit on Windows XP x64

  • Start date Start date

When I try to use automatic updates with my internet explorer it tells me I
must be running IE 32-bit. Both of my IE's (32-bit and 64-bit) are both
64-bit versions (no idea how that is possible). I have checked my computer
for the location of the 32-bit IE and was unsuccessful. How do I update my
computer without IE and how can I get 32-bit IE onto my x64 machine?

See this article for possible help:

When you connect to the Windows Update Web site by using the 64-bit version
of Internet Explorer, the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer opens in an
x64-based version of Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896462/en-us

For help with Windows Update:

General:
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527/
Troubleshooter
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/troubleshoot.aspx?ln=en-us
Newsgroup (web)
http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&lang=en&cr=US

Well, I knew that part. I checked all the links and none have a solution. The
only thing I can think of is to do a repair/reinstallation of windows, but
thats not a very happy conclusion.

Back
Top