From: "Matt Klein" <[email protected]>
Subject: Windows update 811493
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 09:03:31 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update

Every day for the last couple of weeks, I continue to get
an update message (the little world icon) for Windows
Update 811493. I go through the download and
installation, which has not required a reboot. The next
day, the icon is back wanting to do the same update. It
never goes away! I checked and this update isn't even for
my Windows 2000. It is for XP.

Since getting tech support for problems is such a hassle,
even if the problem apparently is not mine, I am hoping
someone here can help or that a Microsoft tech monitors
this group. TIA
--

Actually this update does apply to Windows 2000 as well as Windows NT. The re-offering of the update is a known
problem and a new package is scheduled to put on the servers on 3/9/2004. The only change to the new package is to the

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.