Window.Open not working

  • Start date Start date

The following code is taken from a website we all use. It works fine on most
computers except mine and one other. We all use XP Pro IE 6 same service
packs same same same. To try and fix this, I have a fresh install and it
still doesnt work. PLEASE HELP... this has been ongoing for months without
resolve. I am so frustrated with this. Herre is the HTML and Javascript code:

<script language='javascript' src='lasso_functions.js'
type='text/javascript'></script>
</head>
marginwidth='0' marginheight='0'>

Perform Action:
<select
onChange='regListingChangeState("registrant_listing.php?prorels="+this.options[this.selectedIndex].value)' class='select_default' name='action_menu'>
<option>Select</option>
<option value='add_note'>Add Notes</option>
<option value='change_realtor'>Change Realtor Status</option>
<option value='change_rating'>Change Rating</option>
<option value='record_reminder'>Record Reminder / History</option>
<option value='copy_project'>Copy to Another Project</option>
<option value='add_to_group'>Add to Group</option>
<option value='remove_from_group'>Remove from Group</option>
<option value='change_source_type'>Change Source Type</option>
<option value='change_data_source'>Change Data Source</option>
<option value='change_contact_preference'>Change Contact
Preference</option>
<option value='change_reservation_status'>Change Reservation
Status</option>
<option value='download_excel'>Download Excel File</option><option
value='email_list'>Email This List</option><option
value='assign_to_rep'>Assign to Sales Rep</option><option
value='change_status'>Change Status</option>
</select>

Hi,
Some possibilities:
Go to Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone, set it to Default.

Clear the IE cache. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete
files (and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's often
recommended that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)

Try these two commands from Start> Run> cmd [enter]
regsvr32 vbscript.dll [enter]
regsvr32 jscript.dll [enter]

Reinstall the scripting engine. Go to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
for the appropriate download of Windows Script 5.6

Disable (temporarily- as a test) any third-party security programs to see if
one of them is blocking scripts, scripting, active content. Norton Internet
Security can cause problems of this nature. Other programs can block
Javascript.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Shauna" wrote in message
The following code is taken from a website we all use. It works fine on most
computers except mine and one other. We all use XP Pro IE 6 same service
packs same same same. To try and fix this, I have a fresh install and it
still doesnt work. PLEASE HELP... this has been ongoing for months without
resolve. I am so frustrated with this. Herre is the HTML and Javascript code:

<script language='javascript' src='lasso_functions.js'
type='text/javascript'></script>
</head>
marginwidth='0' marginheight='0'>

Perform Action:
<select
onChange='regListingChangeState("registrant_listing.php?prorels="+this.optio
ns[this.selectedIndex].value)' class='select_default' name='action_menu'>

Back
Top