Windows XP Win Fixer 2006

Reaction score
Anyone know of WinFixer 2006?
Seem this bit of software appears on my pc asking me to fix errors on my PC, i presume it's not Microsoft, but is very annoying. Anyone know of it & what it does??

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i get pop ups all telling me i have errors and winfixer can sort it out, slight problem im on a mac
laughingsmiley.gif

i've no idea if its any good but if they have to use pop ups to get people to download/buy it i'd avoid it

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
feckit said:
Anyone know of WinFixer 2006?
Seem this bit of software appears on my pc asking me to fix errors on my PC, i presume it's not Microsoft, but is very annoying. Anyone know of it & what it does??
Winfixer IS a SPYWARE DOWNLOADER

Oh boy ... OH, sorry, I'll rephrase that ... WinFixer violates the following criteria: First, Installs itself or any other item without user permission or knowledge, at time of installation. WinFixer was installed through social engineering techniques upon visiting ... "delete" ... confusing ads and uncloseable messages. Second, Displays popup/popunder ads that are displayed when main product is not running or do not appear to be connected with the product. After installation, WinFixer began to run automatically. I closed it, but not long after it opened again with an alarmist message saying my system had 1755 'Severe System Threats.' Upon reboot it shows the same adware.

May as well get the gun and shoot yourself ...
happywave.gif

Reaction score
Update: Just checked in the registry via the norton site. My PC does not have it :D Thanks for the link Muckshifter it came in very handy in deed:thumb:

Ask a Question