David H. Lipman

From: "Larpin" <[email protected]>

| I have some program or some spyware that is covereing my wallpaper. I have
| the icons on my screen but the wallpaper can not been seen until you shut the
| computer down and then it will appear for a second before shut-down. Behind
| my Icons is just a plain white screen.

Download SmitFraud.exe from the URL --
http://www.ik-cs.com/programs/virtools/SmitFraud.exe

Execute; SmitFraud.exe { Note: You must accept the default of C:\McAfee }
Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

FireWall to enable WGET.EXE to download the needed McAfee related files.

Execute; c:\mcafee\clean.bat
{ or Double-click on 'Clean Link' in c:\mcafee }

A final report in HTML format called C:\mcafee\ScanReport.HTML will be generated. At the
end of the scan, it will be displayed in your browser (Opera, FireFox or Internet Explorer).
It is suggested that you move the report out of c:\mcafee before performing another scan.

Please Copy and Paste the contents of the HTML Log file; C:\mcafee\ScanReport.HTML in your
reply.

Thanks for the help. I ran the scan and it did delete some files, quite a
few actually thus I did not post it here. However my wallpaper is still
covered.
Thanks for the help

Leythos

Use this tool

AntiPuper v1.1 by secured2k
http://secured2k.home.comcast.net/tools/AntiPuper.exe

This tool unlocks the ability to change or disable the desktop background
image or active web desktop background. You will need to manually change
your desktop background.

Go to Control Panel > Display > Desktop Tab > Customize Desktop > Web Tab.
If you see any entries that are checked, uncheck them. Click OK.

--

(e-mail address removed)
remove 999 in order to email me

Thanks for your Help
It is still hijacked....

Subject: Re: Why is my Wallpaper is covered?
From: Leythos <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

Use this tool

Please note that PCBUTTS1 is the poster of the above message using my
NickName "Leythos". He posts from the above host, which you can validate
in the Usenet headers, since Microsoft deletes his posts from their
servers due to his lack of ethics, his theft of others code, and his
violations of their Usenet standards.

Leythos

From: Larpin <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

Thanks for your Help
It is still hijacked....

If you check the headers from the post that PCBUTTS1 made using my name,
you will find that you've been conned by PCBUTTS1.

Please note that PCBUTTS1 is the poster of the above message you read,
using my NickName "Leythos". He posts from the above host, which
you can validate in the Usenet headers, since Microsoft deletes his
posts from their servers due to his lack of ethics, his theft of others
code, and his violations of their Usenet standards.

Leythos

This tool unlocks the ability to change or disable the desktop background
image or active web desktop background. You will need to manually change
your desktop background. Did you try to manually change it. Go to Control

From: "Leythos" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 08:52:46 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

Please note that PCBUTTS1 is the poster of the above message using my
NickName "Leythos". He posts from the above host, which you can validate
in the Usenet headers, since Microsoft deletes his posts from their
servers due to his lack of ethics, his theft of others code, and his
violations of their Usenet standards.

As a "formal" request, for documentation reason, I request that you stop
using my name to forge posts. You have been warned now.

Leythos

NO! prove to me that you own the name "Leythos" and I will stop using it.
Stop Stalking me and I will stop using it. Hehe forging your name you must
be crazy, That's the funniest thing I've heard all year. Got lost stalker.

--

Subject: Re: Why is my Wallpaper is covered? PCBUTTS Impersonating users again
From: Leythos <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

[...]

Hey why don't yall find somewhere nice and quiet to Fight......I am trying to
get my PC working here.

Thanks for the help anyway whomever yall are.

Leythos

Thanks for the help anyway whomever yall are.

Then thank the real author of the product that helped you, he's
available to thank here:

Secured2K's AntiPauper (download link/info at)
http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=65072

You thanked the person that never created the tool, takes credit for
others hard work, and has not posted anything that's helped anyone that
he didn't copy from some place else.

Leythos

From: "Leythos" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 17:33:03 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

Please note that PCBUTTS1 is the poster of the above message using my
NickName "Leythos". He posts from the above host, which you can validate
in the Usenet headers, since Microsoft deletes his posts from their
servers due to his lack of ethics, his theft of others code, and his
violations of their Usenet standards.

I thank you guys for your help and I have tried what you said but it did not
work. Any more ideas?

I also have tried all of the suggestions, SmitFraud, MultiAV, etc., that have
been suggested by D. Lipman. I also have not succeeded in getting rid of
this same annoying problem.

do I need to just resign myself to eliminating that profile? I worry that
there is still some nasty program lurking around waiting to cause grief later
or to someone else on our networks.

Thanks very much....

David H. Lipman

From: "Atlas" <[email protected]>

| I also have tried all of the suggestions, SmitFraud, MultiAV, etc., that have
| been suggested by D. Lipman. I also have not succeeded in getting rid of
| this same annoying problem.
|
| do I need to just resign myself to eliminating that profile? I worry that
| there is still some nasty program lurking around waiting to cause grief later
| or to someone else on our networks.
|
| Thanks very much....

Go ahead, create a new account and logon and see how that one works. Your data from the old
profile can be copied into the new profile.