Why can't I get a new post screen in Internet Explorer 7?

  • Start date Start date

In order for me to get a page to post on I have too bring up the Defender
Newsgroups in Firefox. When I click on the "Select New Post" button in IE7
all I get is a single click sound from my tower. This even happens when I
hold the control button down that permits popups.
When I'm using the Firefox Browser all I have to do is click on the "Select
New Post" button and then click whether I want the question or general
comment and the new screen pops right up.

When I download a new update I always do so in IE7 because the format is
easier for me than format in Firefox. I just make sure to hold down my
control key so the small upload box will pop up and start downloading the new
update.
I just find it weird that I can use IE7 for one thing but have to use
Firefox for the other when either one should work IMO. :insert puzzled smilie
here: ;-)

Yvsa said:
[...]

And it's also doubly strange that I can hold down my control button and
click the "reply" button and the reply screen pops right up using IE7 like
I've done just now. :-(

--

Yvsa said:
And it's also doubly strange that I can hold down my control button and
click the "reply" button and the reply screen pops right up using IE7 like
I've done just now. :-(

Strange though it may seem--I suspect that you'll find that this is a
side-effect of a pop-up blocker. Not sure which one--the native IE7 one, or
an add-on, but that's usually the cause. Presumably, holding down the ctrl
button is a shortcut that temporarily turns off the pop-up blocker.

You might wish to ask why the designers chose to use a pop-up for this
functionality. I'd like to ask them too!

You might consider using Outlook Express to read newsgroups susch as this
one. I find it much easier than the web.

Back
Top