when my C# service impersonates a secondary account does the secondary account need any special perm

  • Start date Start date

Daniel

when my C# service impersonates a secondary account does the secondary
account need any special permissions? what are they?

Hello, Daniel!
You wrote on Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:36:13 -0700:

D> when my C# service impersonates a secondary account does the secondary
D> account need any special permissions? what are they?

It depends on what you're trying to do after impersonation, if merely
authenticate
then - no.

i am just about getting the impersonation to occure. the pirmary account
needs act as part of os, and a few other permissions set, i want to konw if
the secondary account we are impersonating needs anything special for
imperonation to occure e.g. "allow someone to impersonate me" or something
like that lol

It depends on whether its a domain account and whether or not there's a
policy on that account that prohibits impersonation.
Check with your domain admins group to see.

We had that policy at my old job and I didn't know it. I couldn't figure
out why my account kept getting locked out....that was the reason why.

Daniel said:
i am just about getting the impersonation to occure. the pirmary account
needs act as part of os, and a few other permissions set, i want to konw if
the secondary account we are impersonating needs anything special for
imperonation to occure e.g. "allow someone to impersonate me" or something
like that lol

Back
Top