When deleting TIF, IE 6 shuts down

  • Start date Start date

I am running XP Professional w/ SP2 and IE 6. When I delete Temporary
Internet Files, IE 6 shuts down. Can someone tell me why this happens, and
also...
- Is it best to just delete all files or just the files from websites I only
view occasionally?
- How much disk space should I allow for this in Tools/Internet Options?
- Does it really matter if I clean these files out or not?

Thanks for the help.

Hi,
This probably indicates corruption in the TIF folder. Login as another user
with administrator privileges, or from the machine's default administrator
account and delete the affected TIF folder from Windows Explorer.

You would not be able to delete this folder when logged in as
yourself- it's "In use." You should be able to delete it from the
Administrator account.

Recommended size- 50-60 MB. I would clear all files. I can't think of a good
reason to delete selected files from the TIF folder.

Should you clear the cache occasionally? If set to a reasonable size, you
may not have a cache problem for months, but at the first sign of slowness
or download trouble, I clear the cache.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]