What's related

  • Start date Start date

MSS

I have IE6 w/ SP1 running on XP SP1. All of a sudden, my what's related
icon doesn't work. I know it is probably something simple, but I can seem
to fix it. Any help? Thanks

Thanks for the information - however, I'm confused - I guess it doesn't take
much. (1) I have the related button, it just doesn't work. (2) I did what
the article says, but it says to download related.html here and when you
click on that it goes to a blank page and (3) It says that the related
button may not work with Zone Alarm Ad-block set to medium. What is Zone
Alarm? I do have Norton internet security set to block ads, but no idea how
to fix the related button.

Sorry for not being more computer literate - but can anyone help?

Thanks

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
There are several possible solutions for this at
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#Related

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

MSS said:
I have IE6 w/ SP1 running on XP SP1. All of a sudden, my what's related
icon doesn't work. I know it is probably something simple, but I can seem
to fix it. Any help? Thanks

I think Alexa has taken down the page. MS did not renew their contract with
Alexa.

The button is not available in WinXP SP2.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"MSS" <no[at]msn.com> wrote in message
I have IE6 w/ SP1 running on XP SP1. All of a sudden, my what's
related icon doesn't work. I know it is probably something simple,
but I can seem to fix it. Any help? Thanks

Hi,
If you're willing to play with this, you should be able to have "Show
Related" go to Google. Go to http://www.imilly.com/alexa.htm Look for this
section:
"Or you can fiddle with it so that it uses Google to find related links,
instead of Alexa. See the instructions below."

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

MSS said:
Thanks for the info.

[...]