Weirdo cookies

  • Start date Start date

Hi!

On the webpage I work with, we use a session cookie to tell if the user is
logged on. Last night I got a call from a woman, who previously did some
shopping (early this year was the last time) and now she can't log in. She
said she didn't do anything to the configuration, so I figure some windows
update did this.

I have a page I let the customers use, that sets a persistent and a session
cookie, redirects to another page, and then tells if it can find both
cookies. This seems to work for this lady.

Anyone got an idea on what this can depend on, and how to resolve this.
Either by changing my code (I use ASP 3.0) or telling the customers how to
configure IE.

Hi,
The basic steps to take would be to search the Cookies folder and delete any
cookies from that site. Then cookie settings should be checked from Internet
Options> Privacy.

Privacy settings to try would be low, medium or accept all. Or cookies from
that site can be specifically allowed from the Edit button.

Also, there may be another program running which is blocking some or all
cookies.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]