web server not installed error

  • Start date Start date

george r smith

I am running 2000 Professional at work and can not create any web
applications
or webservices because I do not have a web server installed.

I reinstalled visual studio but could not find IIS anywhere. Where do I get
a webserver to use. Please do not ask me to ask our system administrator
we have a part time consultant.

thanks
grs

Go to add / remove programs --> windows components. Here you can add
Internet Information Server.

Greetz,
-- Rob.

Hi George,
IIs is part of windows , not of Vs.NET you have to go to control panel/add
remove application/ then select windows component tab and check the IIS

Hope this help,

Thanks gentlemen,

I loaded the web server - inetpub was created on the hard drive but now when
I try a C# web app I get "current web server is not running ASP.NET 1.1"

Will you be so kind as to suggest what next .

grs

Andrew Steenson said:
George,

IIS is part of the Windows 2000 operating system, and for some reason it is
not installed.

To install IIS

Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel and start the
Add/Remove Programs application.
Select Configure Windows, click the Components button, and then follow the
on-screen instructions to install, remove, or add components to IIS.

Hope this helps.

Andrew Steenson [MSFT]
Visual Studio Update Team

originated.
--------------------
From: "george r smith" <[email protected]>
Subject: web server not installed error
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:41:12 -0500
I am running 2000 Professional at work and can not create any web
applications
or webservices because I do not have a web server installed.

I reinstalled visual studio but could not find IIS anywhere. Where do I get
a webserver to use. Please do not ask me to ask our system administrator
we have a part time consultant.

Thanks gentlemen,
I loaded the web server - inetpub was created on the hard drive but now when
I try a C# web app I get "current web server is not running ASP.NET 1.1"

Will you be so kind as to suggest what next .

cd to your framework directory and run:

aspnet_regiis.exe -i

Greetings

Back