W2Ksp4.exe

  • Start date Start date

I am trying to upgrade to sp4. I formatted and reloaded Win2K operating
system and ie6 browser from a cd. After downloading for more than 6 hours I
am receiving extraction failed, file is corrupt error message.
Hard drive is clean from any virus. Download from ms mirror site. Any
suggestions
tyia
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------
From: <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update
Subject: W2Ksp4.exe
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 23:06:35 -0500

I am trying to upgrade to sp4. I formatted and reloaded Win2K operating
system and ie6 browser from a cd. After downloading for more than 6 hours I
am receiving extraction failed, file is corrupt error message.
Hard drive is clean from any virus. Download from ms mirror site. Any
suggestions
tyia
(e-mail address removed)
---

Amber,

Where are you trying to download from? Are you trying to download the Express version of SP4 or the Network version?
Are you running Windows 2000 Pro or Server?

If this is not what you are already doing I would try downloading the Express version of SP4 from the URL below.

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows2000/downloads/servicepacks/sp4/download.asp

They have a table at the bottom of the page with estimates of how long it should take.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Back
Top