using cache off line file

nicolas29

hello i use cache off line files :

i use it like that :

i make a folder on a server
on my portable i make a map on this folder
right clic on the map and make it enable off line, synchronisation when i
log on and log off

it works well, my question is, when i am connected on the network and that i
use a file on this folder, am i working on the file on the server or the file
who is a copy on my computer ?

thanks

Morgan che

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

The modification should occur on the local copy first and then be
synchronized to the file server.

I hope this helps. Thanks!

Sincerely
Morgan Che
Microsoft Online Support

nicolas29

ok thanks for your answer, if i have well understand, as i specify to
synchronize only where logon and logoff, if i am connected on the network and
work on a file, he will be synchronized only after logoff ..

can you juste confirm me this point

bye nicolas

Morgan che

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have tested it on my computer. The moment that I save my modification on
my local mapped file, my local mapped file will synchronized with the file
on the remote server simultaneously. If this real time synchronization
doesn't work, you can choose "Sync" option in the right-click menu to force
this process to happen.

Plus, after I do further research about offline file synchronization. I
found client computer uses Client Side Caching (CSC) mechanism to
synchronize with remote folder. I also share CSC mechanism information with
you here as below. Hope this helps.

Client Side Caching (CSC) is the internal name for the project that
implements the offline files functionality.

CSC creates and maintains local copies of remote files and folders, namely
those stored on a file server. While online, applications use the remote,
or server, copy. When the connection between the client and server is
broken, CSC takes over and redirects operations to the local copy
transparently, allowing the applications to continue to operate. When the
connection is reestablished, CSC pushes back any changes that may have
occurred while disconnected, thus bringing the local cached copies into
equivalence with the server copy.

If anything is unclear, please feel free to post back and I am happy to be
of further assistance.

Thanks and regards,

Sincerely
Morgan Che
Microsoft Online Support

Morgan che

Dear Customer,

How's everything going?

I'm wondering if the suggestion is helpful or if you have any further
questions about this issue. Please feel free to let me know.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely
Morgan Che
Microsoft Online Support

--->From: =?Utf-8?B?bmljb2xhczI5?= <[email protected]>
--->Subject: using cache off line file
--->Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:46:06 -0800
--->Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking
--->log on and log off
--->
--->it works well, my question is, when i am connected on the network and
that i
--->use a file on this folder, am i working on the file on the server or
the file
--->who is a copy on my computer ?
--->
--->