Use of Address line causes IE to stop responding

  • Start date Start date

Recently when I attempt ot either key in an address on the address line or
use the drop down button on the address line, IE6 stops responding. I can
still use favorites to get to sights or use a search engine such as yahoo.
I've ran all the current updates from miscrosoft and updated and ran my virus
detection and cleaning programs as recommended. No viruses were detected.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? Maybe I should
reinstall IE6 from my backup dirve.

See the post directly below yours. The latest updates have caused this
problem. Tom Willet's response to the post below has the answer. You have to
edit the registry.

Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security
update MS06-015:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165

[Automate] Download this zip file & extract & run the reg file.
http://patch-info.de/WinXP/Downloads/KB908531_Share-To-Web.zip

From: Stephen Hui [MSFT] - view profile
Date: Fri, Apr 14 2006 7:08 am
Groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

http://groups.google.com/group/micr...inetexplorer.ie6.browser/msg/094143b42d0c3ca2

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

Recently when I attempt ot either key in an address on the address line or
use the drop down button on the address line, IE6 stops responding. I can
still use favorites to get to sights or use a search engine such as yahoo.
I've ran all the current updates from miscrosoft and updated and ran my
virus
detection and cleaning programs as recommended. No viruses were detected.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? Maybe I should
reinstall IE6 from my backup dirve.

Back
Top