url will not display

  • Start date Start date

I have been trying to access a url. It will not let me on to the site. I
can access the site from my work computer and access the site from my son's
laptop (on the same internet connection) but for some reason my computer will
not open the site. my Cybersitter is turned off. Pop ups are turned on. I
used to be able to log on to the site but in the last couple of weeks it acts
as if the site cannot be found. Is there a correction to the browser that I
need to make?

Hi,
You don't mention your OS, but...

If running a cable modem, dsl modem or router, have you, at some point, shut
everything down for a few minutes? This sometimes helps.

Or, deleting the History and TIF folders may help:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

Try disabling third-party security programs to see if one of them is causing
this.

Go to Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone, set it to Default.

Or, try the Internet Options> Security settings at
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/restricted.htm#Setting

[WinXP]
Try opening a Cmd window (or from Start> Run) enter
ipconfig /flushdns
then clear the Temporary Internet Files and restart.

Or make sure that Windows is showing hidden files and is not hiding file
extensions for known file types then check for a HOSTS file at
[WinXP]
[C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc] Open the HOSTS file with notepad. If there
are any redirect entries in it you can put the pound sign (#) in front an
entry to disable that redirect. Or you can rename the HOSTS file to (ie)
HOSTS.OLD
More on the HOSTS file at http://www.accs-net.com/hosts/ and
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

There are other possibilities at