URL Disappear

  • Start date Start date

Recently, any urls in my drop down menu for the address line are
disappearing. It doesn't happen every day, but enough to be a pain. I run XP
SP2, MS Antispyware,
Ad-Aware, Spybot and ZoneAlarm. I have run each manually and then checked
the drop down menu and everything was there so I ruled these out as being the
problem. I am the only user, and have my history set for 20 days. Any
suggestions?

Hi,
That TypedURLs list is in the registry at [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\
Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ TypedURLs] It's separate from the IE History,
so the "20 days" setting for your History shouldn't be a factor. But, if
someone clicks on "Clear History" in Internet Options, these TypedURLs will
often disappear.

If another user isn't clearing this list, then I think that you need to be
looking for a privacy/security program that's clearing these (perhaps
inadvertently) when being used to clean up other lists. Do you have any
cleanup programs installed such as MRU Blaster, CCleaner, DelTypedURL.inf,
IE Address Bar Editor, EditURLs? Is clearing the History a feature of any
toolbars or other add-ons to IE?

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Allan" wrote in message

I do run CCleaner, but the only file types that I have checked under IE are
Temporary Internet Files and Delete Index.dat files.
Thanks, Allan

"Allan" wrote in message
Recently, any urls in my drop down menu for the address line are
disappearing. It doesn't happen every day, but enough to be a pain. I run XP
SP2, MS Antispyware,
Ad-Aware, Spybot and ZoneAlarm. I have run each manually and then checked
the drop down menu and everything was there so I ruled these out as being the
problem. I am the only user, and have my history set for 20 days. Any
suggestions?

Hi,
How often does the TypedURLs list disappear? If you don't use CCleaner for a
few days, does the list persist?

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Allan" wrote in message
Recently, any urls in my drop down menu for the address line are
disappearing. It doesn't happen every day, but enough to be a pain. I
run
XP SP2, MS Antispyware,
Ad-Aware, Spybot and ZoneAlarm. I have run each manually and then checked
the drop down menu and everything was there so I ruled these out as
being
the
problem. I am the only user, and have my history set for 20 days. Any
suggestions?

Maybe once a week. It seems that it comes and goes. I'll stop using CCleaner
to see if something changes. Thanks, Allan
--
Allan

"Allan" wrote in message

Recently, any urls in my drop down menu for the address line are
disappearing. It doesn't happen every day, but enough to be a pain. I run
XP SP2, MS Antispyware,
Ad-Aware, Spybot and ZoneAlarm. I have run each manually and then checked
the drop down menu and everything was there so I ruled these out as being
the
problem. I am the only user, and have my history set for 20 days. Any
suggestions?

Allan,
A question in another newsgroup reminded me...
Are you clearing the "Recent Documents" list by right-clicking the Taskbar>
Properties> Start Menu> Customize> Clear recent documents? This also clears
the TypedURLs list.

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

:

"Allan" wrote in message

Recently, any urls in my drop down menu for the address line are
disappearing. It doesn't happen every day, but enough to be a
pain. I
run
XP SP2, MS Antispyware,
Ad-Aware, Spybot and ZoneAlarm. I have run each manually and then checked
the drop down menu and everything was there so I ruled these out
as
being the
problem. I am the only user, and have my history set for 20 days. Any
suggestions?

Not doing that.....Allan
--
Allan

"Allan" wrote in message

Recently, any urls in my drop down menu for the address line are
disappearing. It doesn't happen every day, but enough to be a pain. I
run
XP SP2, MS Antispyware,
Ad-Aware, Spybot and ZoneAlarm. I have run each manually and then
checked
the drop down menu and everything was there so I ruled these out as
being the
problem. I am the only user, and have my history set for 20 days. Any
suggestions?

Back
Top