Updating

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I am trying to track progress of task to be completed. Updates will be done weekly. When entering an update I do not want to loose the previous weeks update. I would like a new record to be created.
I tried by creating a main form with a subform. The main form has the customer name and location. The subform has a field for "Update Status" and "Actions to be Taken."

tblCompan
I
Compan
Locatio

This table has a many to 1 relationship wit

tblStatu
I
Update Statu
Actions to be Take

This is probably simple but I'm not having much luck. To be clear tblCompany has serveral other tables in a many to 1 relationship. My concern is with the tblStatus.

I am trying to track progress of task to be completed. Updates will be done weekly. When entering an update I do not want to loose the previous weeks update. I would like a new record to be created.
I tried by creating a main form with a subform. The main form has the customer name and location. The subform has a field for "Update Status" and "Actions to be Taken."

ok... sounds reasonable; are you adding new records to the Subform? or
just changing the record that's there? If you want to add new records,
just add new records! You can do so by clicking the *> icon; or by
setting the Subform's "Data Entry" property to True (to let you JUST
enter new records, not see old ones with this form).

What specific problem are you having?

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 21:31:05 -0800, "CW

ok... sounds reasonable; are you adding new records to the Subform? o
just changing the record that's there? If you want to add new records
just add new records! You can do so by clicking the *> icon; or b
setting the Subform's "Data Entry" property to True (to let you JUS
enter new records, not see old ones with this form)

What specific problem are you having

John W. Vinson[MVP]

John
After adding new records to Customer A and moving on to Customer B then returning to Customer A the record I just enter for Customer A does not exist. In reviewing the tblStatusComments the entries are there but are not linked to any Customer. I know there is probably a simple answer for this but I am new to Access. Here is the relationship in case that may be of help. Thank yo

tblStatusCommentstblCompanyInformation

tblStatusComments tblCompanyInformatio
Name ForeignNam
ID tblStatusComments_I

Attributes: Enforced, Cascade Update
RelationshipType: One-To-Man

John,
After adding new records to Customer A and moving on to Customer B then returning to Customer A the record I just enter for Customer A does not exist. In reviewing the tblStatusComments the entries are there but are not linked to any Customer. I know there is probably a simple answer for this but I am new to Access. Here is the relationship in case that may be of help. Thank you

Where and how are you adding the records? Where in the table is the
customer information stored (your example doesn't indicate that there
is a customerID field)? In fact, I can't quite tell: which table is
the "customer" (tblStatusComments or tblCompanies) - is a Company a
Customer, or is a customer some other entity?

Back