Updating Task Status/Ownership problem

G

hopefully this will make sense....

There is a taskpad in our company's public folder that I use to assign sales leads to our sales people. By default the task is saved to MY personal task pad, and I have to drag & drop it into the public folder task pad, so I can keep a running list of who has tasks to follow up on (separate from my own tasks).

I would like the sales people to go into the public folder taskpad and update their task status. When they try to do this, they get an error message saying that they are not the owner of the task, and therefore can not update the status.

How can I get around this?

Additionally - even though I create & assign the task - it lists the sales person as owner and organizer.

G

Thanks for your response.....I'm aware that I can only assign tasks from my personal taskpad - but I'm trying to figure it how my sales person can update the status of the task once I drag & drop it into the public folder taskpad. When they try to do this, they get an error message saying that they are not the owner of the task, and therefore can not update the status (even though they are listed as the owner)

Any thoughts?

G

Give them appropriate permissions (such as Editor role) for the public
Task folder of interest. Also, it's possible for them to send a
Status Report although (as Lanwrench pointed out) you won't get
automatic updates.

/lac/

Ask a Question