updating a drop list from another table

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I have fields on a form which use drop lists. If an item is not in the list, I open a second form and add the record to the second separate table where the list entries are stored, I then close the second form. The problem is that the new item has not been added to the list in the original form. I think that I need to use Requery for the field, but I don't know how. I want to Requery only the contents of the specific field where a new item was added, I don't want to Requery all the fields on the form every time, there are many fields on the form and most of them are drop lists. I tried Me.Requery and it works but it takes far too long. Any suggestions
Regard
Nasos

As part of the procedure of closing the second input form, try re-setting the control source of the combobox (you'll need to use the SQL though) i.e.
combobox1.ControlSource = "Select ......

I think this will re-set the combobox value to its default though

Basi

----- Nasos wrote: ----

I have fields on a form which use drop lists. If an item is not in the list, I open a second form and add the record to the second separate table where the list entries are stored, I then close the second form. The problem is that the new item has not been added to the list in the original form. I think that I need to use Requery for the field, but I don't know how. I want to Requery only the contents of the specific field where a new item was added, I don't want to Requery all the fields on the form every time, there are many fields on the form and most of them are drop lists. I tried Me.Requery and it works but it takes far too long. Any suggestions
Regard
Nasos

Back