Update Not Recognized

Dustin

I'm having a problem with the Win2K updates. There are 5
Critial Updates it says I need to get. I download and
install them, restart, rescan, and it says I need to
download them again. I've tried several times. I've gotten
the downloads one at a time. The updates show up on my
Add/Remove Programs list, but for some reason the Windows
Update site doesn't pick them up. Does anyone have any
suggestions? Please e-mail me back, thanks.

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hi,

I understand that Windows update does not recognize the critical updates
already installed and prompts you every time to install it. The update is
displayed in add/remove program list.

Please try these suggestions and check if it resolves the issue.

Uninstall the update from the add/remove program list. Then please follow
the steps in the article below:

"Software update incomplete" error message when you visit the Windows
Update Web site
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319585

Now manually download and install the windows update control from the link
below:
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/cab/x86/unicode/iuctl.cab

Note: Before downloading and installing the windows updates, disable ALL
other programs, including antivirus and especially any pop-up window
removers, ad-controllers and anything else internet related.

Hope it resolves the issue.

Thank you,

Rashmi