Unwanted flashing in subform

  • Start date Start date

I have a subform in a classic one to many relationship with the main form. I
have found that when I apply conditional formatting to the fields of the
subform that the text in the subform "flashes". At the same time the CPU
goes to up 100% utilization. I've also found that if I remove the
conditional formatting this problem goes away.

Interesting enough, if I control-tab to another task, then go back, that
also ends the "flashing" and returns the CPU back to the normal 1-2%.

Is this an MS Access bug related to conditional formatting? Is there a work
around?

Regards,
Leif

I think the form is 'repainting' to display the conditional formatting for
each value in the subform.

I think you can programatically turn off repainting at load and then turn it
back on after... I've done this to solve a similar problem with tabs.

Thanks.

Would you mind giving me a little detail on how you did this? You turned
off repainting inside a form load event? How is that done? When do you turn
repaint back on?

Thanks,
Leif

Leif wrote in message
I have a subform in a classic one to many relationship with the main form. I
have found that when I apply conditional formatting to the fields of the
subform that the text in the subform "flashes". At the same time the CPU
goes to up 100% utilization. I've also found that if I remove the
conditional formatting this problem goes away.

Interesting enough, if I control-tab to another task, then go back, that
also ends the "flashing" and returns the CPU back to the normal 1-2%.

Is this an MS Access bug related to conditional formatting? Is there a work
around?

Regards,
Leif

Check out this article by Allen Browne
http://allenbrowne.com/bug-05.html

Thanks for your reply.

My case does not "seem" to match the particular case posted by Allen. In
the link it says this happens in Access 2000, 2002, and 2003 without Service
Pack 1. I have Access 2003 with Service Pack 1.

It also says in happens with calculated fields. None of my fields are
calculated, they are simply bound fields to a query and the query fields are
directly from several tables (not calculated).

Regards,
Leif

Back
Top