Unable to send a link

Mario

I am unable to send a link via email. The Outlook format
opens and it shows a message (above the format) that
reads: "Outlook blocked access to the following
potentially unsafe attachments": then it describes the
link/web page that was intended to be sent as a link. How
do I prevent this from happening? I can only send a page
via email, but not a link.

Ashokan Achari [MSFT]

Hi,

Please check the following settings of IE.

1. Open IE
2. Click Tools -> Internet Options
3. Select the Programs tab
4. Under Internet Programs, For "E-mail", select the e-mail editor you wish
to use.
5. Click Apply and OK

If the above settings are OK, the please refer to the KB Article # 248005
"OLEXP: Problems Using Outlook Express and Prodigy Version 5 Software"
for problems using Outlook and IE with Send Page, Send Link, New Mail
Message from IE
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q248005/

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

- - From: "Mario" <[email protected]>
- - Subject: Unable to send a link
- - Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 14:11:43 -0700
- - Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general