unable to install framework 2

  • Start date Start date

Michael Nemtsev

Hello JohnK,

J> Ok, how do I do that?

Install the .NET 2.0 redistributive and select REPAIR in the installed dialog
box

J> Byt the way I forgot to mention I have Visual Studio 2003 and
J> framework 1.1
J> on my machine

It has no influence on your .net 2.0 because versions can coexists side-by-side

J> "Andrei Varanovich" wrote:
J>---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche

I'm running service pack 2 on XP

I tried to install the runtime files for framework 2, but it is always
hanging at the same place

the install dialog shows

Stopping Services
Services: IIS Admin

I can't get past this point.... HELP!!!

when I tried to stop IIS Admin manually, I get this

Coukd not stop IIS Admin Service on Local computer
Error 1053: The service did not Respond to the Start or Control in a timely
fashion.

So I manually disable the World Wide Web & SMTP, rebooted
but SMTP still shows up in IIS Admin's list..... SMTP is showing
"stopping" but for 10 mins?

Any suggestions? Oh and I'm no longer able to launch IIS Admin (which I
use to be able to BEFORE installing service pack 2 ..... knew that was a
baaaad idea)

Hi John,

Try to repair .net framework. Then stop IIS, and uninstall FW
afterwards.

Thank you,
Andrei

Ok, how do I do that?
Byt the way I forgot to mention I have Visual Studio 2003 and framework 1.1

I'm sure I had that happen to me, at the point it hangs, open up task
manager and kill the inetinfo process worked for me.

Back
Top