Turn off NTLM Authentication

  • Start date Start date

How can I turn off IE NTLM authentication? I have some workstations behind a
proxy and I don't want IE to pass the credentials of the logged on domain
account but rather always prompt for username/password.

Hi Brian :-)

Try the following and see if it helps:

How to disable LM authentication on Windows NT
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q147706/

NTLM authentication - Windows 2000
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows2000/en/advanced/help/sag_SEconceptsUnAuthNTLM.htm

Patch Available for 'Windows 2000 Telnet Client NTLM Authentication'
Vulnerability
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS00-067.mspx

Hope this helps.

Jan :)
MS MVP - IE [DTS/AumHa]
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

I still want Windows to use NTLM for domain authentication I just don't want
IE to pass the credentials to the proxy.

wrote in message
How can I turn off IE NTLM authentication? I have some workstations behind
proxy and I don't want IE to pass the credentials of the logged on domain
account but rather always prompt for username/password.

Hi Brian :-)
I still want Windows to use NTLM for domain authentication I just don't
want
IE to pass the credentials to the proxy.

Sorry that I'm unable to be of help with this, but, perhaps someone else
here has more expertise in that area and can provide the information you
need.

Good luck! :-)

wrote in message
How can I turn off IE NTLM authentication? I have some workstations
behind
proxy and I don't want IE to pass the credentials of the logged on
domain
account but rather always prompt for username/password.

Back
Top