Trouble with resolution in IE

  • Start date Start date

I just bought a new Dell laptop, which i have installed XP with all the
updates etc. on, but i am having a few problems with IE. The biggest
problem is that it seems to be showing all pages in a lower resolution than i
am actually running. I downloaded FireFox and it shows the pages in a much
larger resolution. What could be the problem here?

Hi,
If text is smaller than you like, try changing it in Internet Explorer>
View> Text Size. Text size can also be changed by depressing the Ctrl key
while using the scroll wheel on a wheel mouse.

If I've misunderstood the issue, please post back to this thread.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Hey Don!

I think you misunderstood my problem. The thing is that the IE seems to be
running on an much lower resolution, than for example FireFox, meaning that i
can see a whole lot more of a page in Firefox without scrolling, than i can
in IE. Images are also a whole lot unclearer in IE, comparede to Firefox,
because they are shown in a much lower resolution than in Firefox. I have
tried changing the textsize in both directions, but it doesn't help.

Poul said:
I just bought a new Dell laptop, which i have installed XP with all
the updates etc. on, but i am having a few problems with IE. The
biggest problem is that it seems to be showing all pages in a lower
resolution than i am actually running. I downloaded FireFox and it
shows the pages in a much larger resolution. What could be the
problem here?

Did you try View | Tezt Size?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Hey Don!

Thanks alot for the answer! I did all that it said in the thread that you
linked to and it fixed my problem. Now everything looks great in IE and my
desktop also looks pretty normal now.

"Don Varnau" skrev:
Hi,
First try a DPI setting of 96 (Control Panel> Display> Settings> Advanced>
General> DPI.)

Next see this message
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=insp_video&message.id=79881

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Poul" <Poul[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I just bought a new Dell laptop, which i have installed XP with all the
updates etc. on, but i am having a few problems with IE. The biggest
problem is that it seems to be showing all pages in a lower resolution
than i
am actually running. I downloaded FireFox and it shows the pages in a much
larger resolution. What could be the problem here?

Great! Thanks for letting me know.
-
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

[...]