Transfering 2 values to a query

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Good da
Based on a Form Combo box, I am trying to figure out how to transfer 2 values from the same field to a query using 2 pre-defined values and work it into an OR function or maybe a LIKE function. Forms![New_Material]![Item_Number] or Forms![New_Material]![Item_Number]. Any suggestions

Good day
Based on a Form Combo box, I am trying to figure out how to transfer 2 values from the same field to a query using 2 pre-defined values and work it into an OR function or maybe a LIKE function. Forms![New_Material]![Item_Number] or Forms![New_Material]![Item_Number]. Any suggestions

Ummm... you've answered your own question.

Could you explain a bit more about this query? Are you using the same
criterion on two fields, or what? What SPECIFICALLY are you trying to
accomplish ("into an OR function or maybe a LIKE" doesn't make it
clear to me what you want to do!)

I have a table with city names in a field. I have predetermined that I will select cities by group such group A "Montreal" and "Hull", group B I will chose "Ottawa" and "Windsor". From the Combo box I have create this list "Montreal - Hull" for row 1 and "Ottawa - Windsor" for row 2 of the pick list and so on. So when I select "Montreal - Ottawa" I want to transfer this to the query and base my results on those two cities which may be repeat more than once. Once the query is run, I will display all the records containing those two cities. There might be 5 records for "Montreal" and 2 records from "Ottawa".
Transferring 1 value is no problem. How can I combine the two for 1 query

----- John Vinson wrote: ----

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:06:11 -0800, "Denis
Good da
Based on a Form Combo box, I am trying to figure out how to transfer 2 values from the same field to a query using 2 pre-defined values and work it into an OR function or maybe a LIKE function. Forms![New_Material]![Item_Number] or Forms![New_Material]![Item_Number]. Any suggestion

Ummm... you've answered your own question

Could you explain a bit more about this query? Are you using the sam
criterion on two fields, or what? What SPECIFICALLY are you trying t
accomplish ("into an OR function or maybe a LIKE" doesn't make i
clear to me what you want to do!

John W. Vinson[MVP]
Come for live chats every Tuesday and Thursday
http://go.compuserve.com/msdevapps?loc=us&access=publi

I have a table with city names in a field. I have predetermined that I will select cities by group such group A "Montreal" and "Hull", group B I will chose "Ottawa" and "Windsor". From the Combo box I have create this list "Montreal - Hull" for row 1 and "Ottawa - Windsor" for row 2 of the pick list and so on. So when I select "Montreal - Ottawa" I want to transfer this to the query and base my results on those two cities which may be repeat more than once. Once the query is run, I will display all the records containing those two cities. There might be 5 records for "Montreal" and 2 records from "Ottawa".
Transferring 1 value is no problem. How can I combine the two for 1 query.

Well, *don't* combine them: use two city combo boxes, and a criterion
of

Thank

----- John Vinson wrote: ----

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:41:08 -0800, "Denis
Transferring 1 value is no problem. How can I combine the two for 1 query

Well, *don't* combine them: use two city combo boxes, and a criterio
o
= Forms!formname!cboCity1 AND <= Forms!formname!cboCity

John W. Vinson[MVP]
Come for live chats every Tuesday and Thursday
http://go.compuserve.com/msdevapps?loc=us&access=publi

Back