Transfer from Harddrive to DVD ?

  • Start date Start date

Ritter197

I have copied a DVD to my harddrive and it works fine from there. I can
click on Video_TS and from that folder Video_TS IFO and the movie starts.

Now I want to make a DVD from those files but do not know how to go about
it.

I tried Moviemaker but it does not recognize the files on the harddrive.

I have never made a DVD before (CD's yes) but am a total newbie to this DVD
stuff.

I am using windows xp, SP # 2 and the DVD player and burner is ASUS V290 and
I have installed the software for it (seems to be a player software and
works well when I go to the harddrive) but how do I burn to the DVD disk?

I am using a re-writable disk so I can experiment.

Ritter197 said:
I have NERO 5.0.4.6 but do not know whether it is for CD or also DVD
burning.

Pop in a blank DVD- if Nero recognizes it you're good to go. The last of
the 5.0 versions of Nero was 5.0.4.8- you can get your free update here:
http://www.nero.com/en/nero-up_vor.php

If the DVD movie you've copied is larger than 4.7GB, it was a dual-layer
DVD disc and it won't fit on to your DVD-R anyway, so Nero won't be able
to do the job. If this is the case, you'll need to use DVD Shrink, which
will compress and then burn the movie to DVD-R for you. It is freeware,
and here is how to use it:
http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/articles.php?article_id=23

Regards,
Ian.

Stay away from the rewritable DVD's--many DVD players have trouble with
them or simpley won't play them. Burn to regular DVD-R's or DVD+R's.

Kenneth J. Harris said:
Stay away from the rewritable DVD's--many DVD players have trouble with
them or simpley won't play them. Burn to regular DVD-R's or DVD+R's.

your best bit is to use (freeware)dvd shrink (3.2 is the latest version).if
your doing an original it will compress it to fit onto a blank dvd-r,then
burn it automatically with nero,i can normally do a 7.5gb disc to
dvd-r(4.5gb) in about 50mins,using a 2.2ghz processor.you can also disable
subtitles and foriegn audio if you dont want it on,aswell as being able just
to re author the dvd so you just have the film on without special features,or
just leave everything as 'default' until you get used to it,, but you cannot
watch them from your hardrive once dvd shrink has compressed them...and
remember to overwrite them when you do another one,otherwise your hdd will be
full in no time at all..i wouldnt bother with dvd-rw,as not many stand alone
players will play them...enjoy

Thank you for the fine and detailed info.

I have gone to the site and downloaded SHRINKDVD and also the user guides.

Will have to study them a lot before I can proceed, but thanks a lot in the
meantime.

"use dvd shrink, its freeware, search for" <use dvd shrink, its freeware,
search (e-mail address removed)> wrote in message

You're an AOL user, aren't you?

Thanks, I found the site and downloaded the SW.

And NO, I am of course not an AOL user ! God protect me from terrible AOL !

Ritter197 said:
Thanks, I found the site and downloaded the SW.

And NO, I am of course not an AOL user ! God protect me from terrible
AOL !

That AOL comment wasn't directed at you, but at the poster who put his
comments in the "From" field of his response.

Glad to hear that you're working your way through that DVD Shrink
tutorial. What I did the first time was just print the whole thing out
ahead of time, and then follow along step by step. It works like a charm.

Regards,
Ian.

Back
Top