Toolbars

  • Start date Start date

Hi, I have three programs listed on the right click dropdown list from
Internet Explorer version 6. They are gooogle, yahoo, and trend micro PC
Cillin. When I click on Google, a toolbar appears just below IE and a check
mark appears next to Google on the dropdown list. The problem is that when I
click on the yahoo or the PC Cillin on the dropdown list, nothing happens and
there is no check mark next to either of them. I am running Windows XP Pro
with sp2 installed some time ago. I have 1.5 gigs of ram and 20 gigs of hard
drive remaining. HELP Fred

Hi, thank you for the info. I ran the reg file I found at the site you
recommended but it did not change anything. My Google toolbar still works but
the other two do not. Fred
--
Freddy

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
You may need to reset the registry key which stores the toolbar layout.
Download and run (right-click> merge) the REG file at
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/autotkit.htm

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Freddy said:
Hi, I have three programs listed on the right click dropdown list from
Internet Explorer version 6. They are gooogle, yahoo, and trend micro PC
Cillin. When I click on Google, a toolbar appears just below IE and a check
mark appears next to Google on the dropdown list. The problem is that when I
click on the yahoo or the PC Cillin on the dropdown list, nothing happens and
there is no check mark next to either of them. I am running Windows XP Pro
with sp2 installed some time ago. I have 1.5 gigs of ram and 20 gigs of hard
drive remaining. HELP Fred

Freddy

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Yahoo toolbar? I'm not sure how
to reinstall the PC Cillin toolbar.

Under View> Toolbars, is "Lock the toolbars" unchecked?

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled the yahoo toolbar to no avail. The
pccillin toolbar is activated by a check mark within the pccillin main
console. I have checked it and the lock the toolbars is unchecked. Fred
--
Freddy

"Freddy" <Freddy[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi, I have three programs listed on the right click dropdown list from
Internet Explorer version 6. They are gooogle, yahoo, and trend micro PC
Cillin. When I click on Google, a toolbar appears just below IE and a
check
mark appears next to Google on the dropdown list. The problem is that when
click on the yahoo or the PC Cillin on the dropdown list, nothing happens
and
there is no check mark next to either of them. I am running Windows XP Pro
with sp2 installed some time ago. I have 1.5 gigs of ram and 20 gigs of
hard drive remaining. HELP Fred

Hmmm... try uninstalling all 3 toolbars. Restart, then run the REG file to
reset the IE toolbar. Restart. Reinstall Yahoo, then Google, then PC cillin.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Back
Top