This page cannot be displayed

  • Start date Start date

Someone in my family downloaded a piece of adware which has changed my "this
page cannot be displayed" page, and it now goes to a search page which has a
lot of pop-ups on it! can anyone tell me how I can revert back to the
original page? I have Microsoft anti-spyware installed and tried fixing it
using that, but it didn't work. However, if anyone can give the the html
code, i should be able to use that to fix it.

Thanks
Chris

Hi,
None of the malware (adware, spyware, parasite, hijacker) removal programs
can remove everything. Try this cleanup process.

Download and run CWShredder, Ad-aware, Spybot (in that order.)
See: http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
Also note the security tips and other important information on that page.

Additional information at:
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
More security tips at http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm

If unsuccessful with those programs, you may have to post a HijackThis log
for analysis. Start at
http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=4075 Then go to
http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm work through the preliminary cleaning
steps and post a HijackThis log to the forum at

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"coopy40" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

coopy40 said:
Someone in my family downloaded a piece of adware which has changed my
"this
page cannot be displayed" page, and it now goes to a search page which has
lot of pop-ups on it! can anyone tell me how I can revert back to the
original page? I have Microsoft anti-spyware installed and tried fixing it
using that, but it didn't work. However, if anyone can give the the html
code, i should be able to use that to fix it.

Thanks
Chris

Run Microsoft anti-spyware twice in Safe Mode.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Back