The solution to ALL your problems!

rdean

If you read all the posts on this site about problems
with IE6, the solution is to remove spyware, using Ad-
Aware, Spybot, CWShredder ect. If that doesn't fix your
problem, them you must not have one. IE6 is perfect as
long as you don't use it to connect to the internet. Any
exposure of this product to any non Microsoft site may
cause it to malfunction, to which there is no solution.
If this were not true then these self
proclaimed "Microsoft Gurus" would offer solutions other
than removing spyware. I have run all the suggestions on
this site daily for a month now with no sucsess. When I
post the fact that I'm still having problems, no
responce. If any of you "Wiz kids" can tell me why I'm
still having problems, I'll take this back. One other
thing I have noticed, with so many people posting the
same problems over and over, why doesn't Microsoft put
more solutions to these same problems in the knowledge
base?

kevin

good post. microsoft just can't admit mozilla.org or others
is better for you. hijackers are written for ie cause
people just don't understand what there computer does on
the internet behind their back.a nice information window at
the top would be nice to see with the cure for their usual
problem.""i only clicked on it on that site cause it told
me too"",""my clock is off by one second. shoot i'd better
click on this and have an untrusted site do it for me""
""bonzi buddy is so cute"" ha ha ha ha.

rdean

To compound the problem, we are stuck using IE if we want
to use ANY other Microsoft product. If you use thier
products and want to use the help features then you have
to have IE installed. Now they will tell you, you don't
have to install it, but then you lose features from the
other programs. It's a no win situation for the user and
all win for Microsoft.

Don Varnau

Both Ad-aware and Spybot have been updated in the last day or two. Update
Ad-aware and Spybot and run them again.

You may have a problem that those two programs don't find. Download
HijackThis from http://www.net-integration.net/tools/hijackthis.html (read
the instructions) and post a log to the appropriate forum at one of these
sites:
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
http://forum.mvps.org/
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/
http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
http://www.net-integration.net/forums.html

In what way does IE "disconnect?"
Have you cleared the cache recently?

Other possibilities:
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_5.htm#connect
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers4.htm#disconnecting
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers4.htm#offline

Hope this helps,
Don

rdean

It stops reponding by not being able to connect to ANY
web address. The only way to "fix" it is to reboot. I
have 5 computers on my LAN, (3 running 98SE, 1 running XP
Pro and 1 running XP Home), and it is only the Home
machine that has the problem. I have a Linksys router
connected to Comcast cable. All my machines are
configured the same, have Norton IS 2003, with the
firewall "on" and run daily virus scans. As I said
before, I have updated and run ALL of the recomended
sypware fixes including hijack, to no avail. I just ran
Hijack again and will post the log as you suggested. I do
belive that Microsoft makes good products, its just that
it seems that they are so full of themselves that they
refuse to admit it when one of their products has a
problem.

--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"rdean" <anonymous[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
[...]

.

H Leboeuf

Winsock 2 problem?
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

For your XP pro. Flushing the IP address may be the cure.
The Syntax and Options for Using the Ipconfig Diagnostic Utility for Network
Connections
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314850 (XP 8/6/2002)

rdean said:
[...]

omg...i am so glad i checked out this newsgroup! here i thought i'd done something wrong, or deleted something i shouldn't have, and all along it's a problem with IE 6! i'm having problems from loading pages, to responding to e-mails, to viewing my yahoo address book...i've tried so many suggestions the past few weeks, i think my computer was starting to get confused! i am not a huge netscape fan, so i am going to look into mozilla and opera. thanks guys for making me realize i'm not the problem!!