Windows XP That Damn Shift Key.......

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

For years, out of habit i hold down the shift key when i delete something so that it just deletes it and doesnt put it in the recycle bin. So, the obvious question i have is, can you undelete a file that you have deleted either by holding shift or emptying the recycle bin?

Bodhi.

Reaction score
The answer i would give to customers is no.

not strickly true, it can be done with certain data recovery tools, ERD Commander to name just one.

In my experience you've got to really, really, really want something back for it to be worth the hassle. but it can be done.

When you "permanently" delete data it isn't technically deleted it is just allowed to be overwritten by other data.

IIRC you read to overwrite data 11 times before it is unretrievable.

J

Reaction score
do a google for cia eraser i used to have it till i reformated ya can undelete all most any file with it just got to find the right file name cuss when ya delete a file it just changes the file name and then moves it to a unknown folder but any thing ya have on ya pc can be retived thats how the fbi and or the cia cop's and other lawinforcement get the sicko's

Ask a Question