Thanks Susan Bugher and PL2006 Team.

  • Start date Start date

GlowingBlueMist

Greetings Susan,
I was able to get a good download of the Pricelessware 2006 ISO using
uTorrent, from somewhere...
My machine claims it is sending along copies of the ISO to those that can
connect.

Do you think anyone would get upset if I was to upload a copy of the ISO
along with some PAR2 files to the alt.binaries.freeware news group? Many
people are either afraid to use any form of uTorrent but do still get the
newsgroup. Slow it may be but it was how I was able to get the 2005 disk
last time.

Here is a little something I put together for you and the rest of the
Pricelessware team.
No rhyme or reason just words tossed out into the Ethernet...

It all began one darkened night when I was kind of young.
I was leaning upon the window sill dreaming of the presents.
With the morning in my thoughts, presents, pudding, and the pies.

A flash of red lit up the sky, and then loud sounds I heard.
The sky went dark, the noise kept growing, louder than the wind.

Suddenly I saw the dolls, games, and boxes everywhere.
Falling from the sky they were to land upon the snow.
And then came down the reindeer and a sled that was so red.

Next I heard a voice but the distance was too far.
The wind had taken many words but some were heard quite clear.
Tailgating, and 747's, and the rest I'd best forget.

And then I spotted Santa hanging in a tree.
Swaying in the breeze he was, suspenders stretched but holding.
He looked much like an ornament hanging on the tree.
Surrounded by the presents it was quite a site to see.

With a mighty groan and flash of magic he was soon upon the ground.
Dolls and games and other things stuffed back into his bag.
The bag was quickly filled and the sled was sorted out.
His sled now loaded he was ready to depart.

Reindeer prancing in the snow he looked around again.
He gave a mighty start as his eyes found mine a staring.
Embarrassed he might have been but still he smiled at me.

He laughed and reached behind him and searched the bag so large.
A package placed upon the snow, a wave, and flash of light.
Santa, sled, and reindeer were gone and all was right.

Yes there was a package, glowing slightly in the dark.
I wondered what it was, excitement had me moving.
I grabbed my shoes, the coat forgotten, and ran into the night.

I found the package lying there, inside there was a disk.
The title it was Pricelessware 2006.

GlowingBlueMist said:
Greetings Susan,
Do you think anyone would get upset if I was to upload a copy of the ISO
along with some PAR2 files to the alt.binaries.freeware news group? Many
people are either afraid to use any form of uTorrent but do still get the
newsgroup. Slow it may be but it was how I was able to get the 2005 disk
last time.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Please have at it. I don't think anyone
will be upset. HTTP downloads are also available now (by request).
Here is a little something I put together for you and the rest of the
Pricelessware team.
No rhyme or reason just words tossed out into the Ethernet...

He laughed and reached behind him and searched the bag so large.
A package placed upon the snow, a wave, and flash of light.
Santa, sled, and reindeer were gone and all was right.

Yes there was a package, glowing slightly in the dark.
I wondered what it was, excitement had me moving.
I grabbed my shoes, the coat forgotten, and ran into the night.

I found the package lying there, inside there was a disk.
The title it was Pricelessware 2006.

What a nice poem. The "team" this year seems to include EVERYBODY who
participates in ACF. Many, many thanks to all who have helped and are
helping - especially these people whose contributions are mostly "behind
the scenes": Steven Burn, REM, Burnr, Ash, Mark Warner, Cousin Stanley
and Mark Carter.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware