Temp file deletion doe not delete all.

  • Start date Start date

I am having a problem with IE needing to close. Microssoft sent me a fix in
the safe mode. Delete files/delet cookies/delete history. I did it and the
problem error still exists. In going into the flies sttings I noticed 6 files
that cannot be deleted. Also if I hit the delete button I get a run.dll
problem

I went into my privacy and security and set everything to medium. I still
have the problem. I can not delete 6 files in the temporary internet files.
these files are corrupted and are causing internet explorere to close. HOw do
I delete them.

I changed my security and privacy settingfs, same problem. I have temporary
internet files I can not delete. They are corrupted and cause internet
Explorer to close.

Hi Jon. I tried your suggested but nothing. this is my error messgae, maaybe
that will help. IE says it has to close and this is the message I get.

App Ver 6.0.2900.2180
Mod Name wininet.dll
Mod ver. 6.0.2900.2668
off set 0001B820

Well I have tried everything that was suggested and no effect. I called up my
computer builder and he had me oput the XP cd in and do the second repair
step. Now my whole system is messed up. I want to blow my brains out now. I
sey up a new user so I could get on the internet and it will not recognize my
keyboard functions. If I load the disk here it delets it on the other users.

Anyway thinks for the help, I gues I have to pay microssssssft for hellp.

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
Wininet errors are very often caused by a corrupted cache. Were you
successful in deleting the Temporary Internet Files *folder*?

Use the appropriate (for your OS) instructions at
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

Also see: http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/answers_10.htm#close

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"phil[at]weichert.com" wrote in message
Hi Jon. I tried your suggested but nothing. this is my error messgae, maaybe
that will help. IE says it has to close and this is the message I get.

App Ver 6.0.2900.2180
Mod Name wininet.dll
Mod ver. 6.0.2900.2668
off set 0001B820