taskbar

G

This problem refers to the running programs icon (the right side when placed on the bootom of the screen) section of the taskbar. What I want is some icons to appear there on system startup and some to not. My opinion is that obviously the system is not remembering my settings. To simplify the situation for you I will for right now only refer to the volume icon (when openedit displays the volume advanced setings). On system start this icon does not appear. I must go to start-settings-control panel-sound and audio devices- and then check the "place volume icon in taskbar buttton to then display the icon in the taskbar. However on sytem reboot the icon is not displayed (meaning again obviously that the setting was not saved)
Now I will tell you more just to give you a broader reference to work from. After system start I connect to the internet (dsl) which normally when connected produces an connection icon in the taskbar because that is the setting. However it doesnt. But I noticed once I enable the volume icon (which is not there yet) through control panel (now the volume icon is present) the dls connection icon then become present
Finally (altough their are more problems but hopefully this is all that needs to be mentioned) the hp instant support icon appears on every system boot regardless of the fact that I close it via right click- close - then yes on the message box.he problem that I see (I dont see myself as a novice) is that windows does not remember my settings or preferances concerning the taskbar.

B

Bee

The solutions or workarounds for the three issues you are having are here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
Look under "N" for Notification Area.

Further understanding of the problem can be gleamed from here:
http://dts-l.org/searchme.htm
using "Volume icon missing" as the search phrase. It is a known bug.

You could have started a new thread, i.e. a new post, instead of following
this current one which is on rearranging Taskbar buttons. To start a new
post, click Send or New Post, not Reply.

Bee.
--
[I have found my Shangri-La in ntlworld.]

--
hooah said:
......On system start this (Volume) icon does not appear. I must go to
start-settings-control panel......to then display the icon in the
taskbar. However on sytem reboot the icon is not displayed......After
system start I connect to the internet (dsl) which normally when connected
produces an connection icon in the taskbar because that is the setting.
However it doesnt. But I noticed once I enable the volume icon (which is not
there yet) through control panel (now the volume icon is present) the dls
connection icon then become present.
Finally (altough their are more problems but hopefully this is all that
needs to be mentioned) the hp instant support icon appears on every system
boot regardless of the fact that I close it ...<snip>

Ask a Question