Tables-Forms-Tables & printing

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

H
A quick question for you

I import databases from a HP application into Access, I then need to place the information into a form where I am able to
edit values/data, can I then save the edited data/values back into a new table for analysis
Secondly Printing of data, I have so far produced various reports in Access to print out to word, is there anyway I can print out to word the values which I have edited directly from the new Table/Tables or Forms, I do realise that forms are really for screen display only, however it is just a thought!

Regard

Hi
A quick question for you!

I import databases from a HP application into Access, I then need to place the information into a form where I am able to
edit values/data, can I then save the edited data/values back into a new table for analysis.

HP manufactures a lot of software. What kind of database? How are you
doing the import? If you're importing it into a Table, you should be
able to create a Form based on that table, and edit the data in place;
you can then use File... Export to export the data in that table in a
form which your HP database can read.
Secondly Printing of data, I have so far produced various reports in Access to print out to word, is there anyway I can print out to word the values which I have edited directly from the new Table/Tables or Forms, I do realise that forms are really for screen display only, however it is just a thought!

You can export or print data from a Query; that query can have
criteria selecting whichever records you wish, based on data stored in
fields in those records. Access doesn't by itself record which records
you've edited and which you haven't; you may need to add an additional
field and use it to record when the record was edited. For instance,
you could add a Yes/No field and in the BeforeUpdate event of the Form
you're using to edit the data, set it to true.

Back