tables display incorrectly

  • Start date Start date

Kevin

I'm trying to track down this table rendering issue. The following page
displays correctly in any other browser, except IE (6 is what I'm using).
There should be one page, two tables on top of each other. IE prints the
two tables side-by-side.

http://www.4metamorphosis.us/

Click Entre [Brazilian side] -> Under workshops, click "A Piramide
Universal: A Rede Divina"

I've validated the code through W3C's HTML validator - checks out ok
I've also validated the CSS - checks out ok

HELP! :\

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for your posting here.

I have performed the test on my side and it seems display properly.

Please provide me the screen shot of the behavior on your end. You may
upload it to the newsgroup or send to me directly at: (e-mail address removed).

At the meanwhile, please provide me with a sample code and the version of
IE you are using. I will perform further test.

If anything is unclear or you need further help, just post back to let me
know.

Thanks & Regards
Alan Sun
Microsoft Online Partner Support

---- From: Kevin <[email protected]>
---- Subject: tables display incorrectly
---- User-Agent: Pan/0.14.2.91 (As She Crawled Across the Table)
---- Message-ID: <[email protected]>
---- Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
---- MIME-Version: 1.0
---- Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
---- Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
---- Lines: 16
---- Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 04:03:37 GMT
---- NNTP-Posting-Host: 66.91.188.21
---- X-Complaints-To: (e-mail address removed)
---- X-Trace: twister.socal.rr.com 1096344217 66.91.188.21 (Mon, 27 Sep
2004 21:03:37 PDT)
---- NNTP-Posting-Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:03:37 PDT
---- Organization: RoadRunner - West
---- Path:
cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsfeed00.s
ul.t-online.de!t-online.de!news.glorb.com!newsfeed-east.nntpserver.com!nntps
erver.com!news-west.rr.com!news.rr.com!cyclone.kc.rr.com!cyclone2.kc.rr.com!
news2.kc.rr.com!twister.socal.rr.com.POSTED!53ab2750!not-for-mail
---- Xref: cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser:294496
---- X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
----
---- I'm trying to track down this table rendering issue. The following
page
---- displays correctly in any other browser, except IE (6 is what I'm
using).
---- There should be one page, two tables on top of each other. IE prints
the
---- two tables side-by-side.

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:47:56 +0000, Alan Sun [MSFT] wrote:

[snip]
Please provide me the screen shot of the behavior on your end. You may
upload it to the newsgroup or send to me directly at: (e-mail address removed).

screenshot emailed!
At the meanwhile, please provide me with a sample code and the version of
IE you are using. I will perform further test.

I'm using the exact code which is present on that page.

Thanks for looking,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your posting and emailing.

I am able to reproduce the issue you encountered on my side.

This issue is mostly related to coding. I suggest you submit a new post in
the Developer newsgroups for the programing problems. It would be it would
be more efficient to resolve the issue. For your convenience, I have
provided the link below:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks & Regards
Alan Sun
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your posting and emailing.

I am able to reproduce the issue you encountered on my side.

This issue is mostly related to coding. I suggest you submit a new post in
the Developer newsgroups for the programing problems. It would be it would
be more efficient to resolve the issue. For your convenience, I have
provided the link below:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp

Alan,

Just so I'm clear, is this a coding problem on my part or on the browser's
part?

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for your reply.

I suspect this issue is mostly related to coding of the webpage as I have
reproduced the behavior on different workstations.

If anyting is unclear, just post back. Thanks and have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards
Alan Sun
Microsoft Online Partner Support

|From: Kevin <[email protected]>
|Subject: RE: tables display incorrectly
|Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
|Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 02:41:54 GMT
|
|On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:06:57 +0000, Alan Sun [MSFT] wrote:
|
|> Hi Kevin,
|>
|> Thanks for your posting and emailing.
|>
|> I am able to reproduce the issue you encountered on my side.
|>
|> This issue is mostly related to coding. I suggest you submit a new
post in
|> the Developer newsgroups for the programing problems. It would be
it would
|> be more efficient to resolve the issue. For your convenience, I
have
|> provided the link below:
|> http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp
|>

|Alan,
|
|Just so I'm clear, is this a coding problem on my part or on the
browser's
|part?
|
|Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for your reply.

I suspect this issue is mostly related to coding of the webpage as I have
reproduced the behavior on different workstations.

If anyting is unclear, just post back. Thanks and have a nice day!

Alan,

Hmm, interesting given that the page has passed both HTML and CSS
validation. I'll look into it.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

As this issue is related to coding, I am afraid I cannot provide you
further help. You may request help from MSDN.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards
Alan Sun
Microsoft Online Partner Support

|From: Kevin <[email protected]>
|Subject: RE: tables display incorrectly
|Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
|Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 03:36:07 GMT
|
|On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 03:03:26 +0000, Alan Sun [MSFT] wrote:
|
|> Hey Kevin,
|>
|> Thanks for your reply.
|>
|> I suspect this issue is mostly related to coding of the webpage as
I have
|> reproduced the behavior on different workstations.
|>
|> If anyting is unclear, just post back. Thanks and have a nice day!
|>

|Alan,
|
|Hmm, interesting given that the page has passed both HTML and CSS
|validation. I'll look into it.
|
|Thanks,
|
|Kevin

Back