Tab Order Problem w/Sub Forms

  • Start date Start date

Tony

Hi All,

I have an annoying, but not mission critical, problem with tab order on a
form (Form1) with a subform (subForm1) with a subform (subForm2). I've gone
through all the controls and have verified that the controls that I want to
include are there and in the correct order, but still have this problem:

The user fills out fields in Form1, tabbing from control to control; this
works as expected. Upon entering subForm1, data in Form1 is validated. If
the main form's data is valid, entries can be made in subForm1, else an
error message is displayed. After entries have been made in subForm1, the
user tabs into subForm2 and makes entries; again, this works as expected.
After data entry is complete on subForm2 the user can click a button,
cmdButton1, located on Form1 to go to a new 'record'. Clicking the button
copies the contents of Form1 to a new record and clears subForm1 and
subForm2 for more data entry. Here's where things are a bit odd. After
clicking cmdButton1, I put the focus on the first control on subForm1. User
enters data, moves to the second control, enters data. When the user tabs
out of the second control on subForm1, the cursor should end up in the first
control on subForm2. However, the cursor ends up in third control of
subForm2. In order of events, cmdButton1 does the following:

1) saves, selects, copies, and paste appends the record in Form1
2) moves to the last record (the record that was just paste appended)
3) sets focus on the subForm1 control
4) sets focus on the first control in subForm1

Can anyone see where I might be going wrong?

Thanks & Ciao,

Tony

--------------------
From: "Tony" <|toxendine|@hoopercorp.com>
Subject: Tab Order Problem w/Sub Forms
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:00:11 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.forms

8 said:
Here's where things are a bit odd. After
clicking cmdButton1, I put the focus on the first control on subForm1. User
enters data, moves to the second control, enters data. When the user tabs
out of the second control on subForm1, the cursor should end up in the first
control on subForm2. However, the cursor ends up in third control of
subForm2. In order of events, cmdButton1 does the following:

1) saves, selects, copies, and paste appends the record in Form1
2) moves to the last record (the record that was just paste appended)
3) sets focus on the subForm1 control
4) sets focus on the first control in subForm1

Can anyone see where I might be going wrong?
Hi Tony,

It is possible that the tab order of your controls in subform2 is not in
the order that you want. You should open the subform form itself in design
view and check out this.

Hopee this helps,

Back
Top