Tab key and the CF SP2 in Win CE

Hi!!!!

Is it really true that with the SP2 the tab key works as it should? I
just created a project for Windows CE using VB.NET 2003 & the CF (and yes,
its SP2), and I still cannot make the tab key to make the cursor jump between
two textboxes located inside a panel. I tried by setting its properties to
accept the tab key to both values true and false, and neither of them is the
answer. I'm using the Windows CE emulator that comes with VS.

Any help is greatelly appreciated!!!

Tarh ik

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

It definitely works in SP2. I don't have SP2 installed on my emulator; do
you?

Paul T.

Hi Paul!!!

Thanks for your post! I'm affraid I do have the sp2 installed. I
downloaded it through a shared folder and I installed it.

The funny thing is that it works in PPC, but not in CE.

Oh well, I implemented a work-around: I added some code in the key
pressed event so the user can surf between fields using the enter key. In
that way, I can put this project aside as a finished product, and wait for
the next service pack. Right now, I'm thinking that maybe there is something
between Windows 2003 Server's keyboard handler routines and the CE Emulator
that is making the noise. I'd debug more, but unfortunatelly I ran out of
time.

Best Regards,

Tark ik

Serg Kuryata [MS]

Hello Tarh,

As far as I remember, this is a know problem with emulators. The Tab does
not work there. If you have an input panel installed on the emulator, you
can use it to press the Tab key, it should work.

Thank you,
Sergiy.